1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs Nvidia: Remember who got you where you are today

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Cutter McJ1b, 12 Jan 2010.

1. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Someone doesn't remember the X1800 series...or the 8800 Ultra...

Hell back in '05 the X1600XT was $300!! No such thing as a midrange back then.

Oh and the X850XT PE selling for about $900 wasn't ludicrous at all right? :D

2. thehippoz

thehippoz New Member

yeah they were already caught price fixing (both ati and nvidia).. it looked like competition but it was backroom shens

3. barndoor101

barndoor101 Bring back the demote thread!

i simply meant this:

if you look at the advantages of the 5000 series one of the big ones is it has a small die area, so it should you should be getting a high number of cores per wafer. ie prices should have been lower (btw i dont mean the RRP, i mean the inflated prices that suppliers charged when there was no supply). This wasnt due to ATI directly, it was TSMC having crap yields and driving the cost of each core up (supply and demand 101).

Any company in a single-horse situation will charge what they think they can get away with because their first loyalty is to their shareholders, then to us.

4. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger New Member

I can't hear anything nVidia says over the awesomeness of the 5000s series from ATI!

What was that, a little bird on me shoulder says "Nvidia hasnt had top card since the 4870x2 came out!" That a looooooooooong time to be in 2nd place.
    I will give nvidia credit for the 8800gtx which was a great card, but we are talking ancient history now.
    They burnt any good will with me when they screwed around with games only made for their inferior equipment and silly ideas on how to implement physics.

Game over nvidia, try again next century!

Tags: Add Tags