1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows nView alternative

Discussion in 'Software' started by Jozo, 20 Apr 2009.

1. Jozo

Jozo This is bit-tech

I have recently changed my OS to Windows Vista Ultimate x64.
    Everything is nice and I'm loving it more than XP already.

I just have one problem regarding usage of dual monitors on nVidia 7900 GT (old card I know :D).
    In WinXP I had nView Desktop Manager which allowed me to send windows to 2nd display, mouse gestures, window repositioning and much much more.

If you are thinking by now that my option would be UltraMon you are wrong because I already have it and it doesn't do all the things nView Desktop Manager can do.

So I've searched the net and found many threads about the problem but in most of them they suggest UltraMon
    and they say nView will be available on Vista in the near future (post was from 2007 :wallbash:)

So I was wondering if anyone knows off software that does all that and works fluently on Vista x64

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Don't know if it works, I don't have dual screen.
    But nView comes with my drivers.
    The only fail feature that I could try is the to short a window to only see a window title bar does not work on folders when Aero is turned on. Eitherway, useless because folder captions are nameless in Vista (path is on the address bar)