1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware NZXT H2 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 3 May 2011.

1. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Also are you saying it's the first time you see a link to the manufacturers' site at the end of the review?

Sheesh.

2. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

Don't be worried. You can stick a pretty big magnet (eg one of those ones for magnetising screwdriver bits) right next to a harddrive with no ill effects at all. As Jipa says, the magnets in your average harddrive are damn strong and are only an inch or so from the platters.

tl;dr Don't worry about magnets near hardrives.

3. PingCrosby

PingCrosby New Member

Ever since been bitten by a radioactive magnet my friends won't let me build their PC's for them anymore...

Its lonely being Magneto Man, I seem to attract the wrong sort of people. Me and the wife ( Iron Woman ) are poles apart, the attraction has gone. There's no positive side to anything anymore.....sigh.

4. Xir

Xir Well-Known Member

I think he means the external HDD bay...right next to the roof panel.

But I agree it's safe.
    Ummm, magnetic motorcycle tank bags have been known to wipe* bank cards... then again their magnets are pretty strong, and the wallet is moving about right on top of it :D

*no, not wipe completely, but sufficiently so that the average ATM doesn't accept it anymore.

5. Saltire35

Saltire35 Drunken Scotsman

I own the R3 and I've seen the H2 at work. So yes I can compare the two.

6. chrismarkham1982

chrismarkham1982 Well-Known Member

what about swapping the fans out for some air penetrators? surely that would make a difference, then again didnt FD release the R3 after 1 or 2 criticism's were thrown its way in regards the R2, particularly in the cooling department?

7. Siwini

Siwini What is 4+no.5?

I really thought they were moving forward when phantom cam out. What a disappointment. Kind of weak for NZXT.

Tags: Add Tags