1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NZXT Tempest Gaming Chassis - Maximize Airflow and Expandability

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Tim S, 20 Mar 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

El Monte, CA – March 19th, 2008 – NZXT, a company built on realizing the dreams of gamers worldwide, is proud to announce the NZXT Tempest. Tempest features breakthrough features in every category satisfying the high performance demands of PC Enthusiasts and Gamers worldwide. Tempest stakes its claim as Airflow King with 6 fans including dual intake(120mm), dual exhaust(140mm) with additional side and rear fans(120mm) all included. Tempest maximizes expandability with E-ATX support allowing for more compatibility with high end components including larger graphics cards. Cable routing is pre-drilled so users can hide cables behind the motherboard tray, allowing for a cleaner appearance and improved airflow. Tempest also features server-like HDD space by using dual 120mm fans to cool cages holding up to 8 HDDs allowing for large capacity systems while maintaining cool temperatures.

“Efficient airflow is crucial in designing a high performance gaming chassis so that all of your computer’s components are able to perform at their optimal level” said Johnny Hou, Chief Designer at NZXT. “With the Tempest’s 6 120mm fans, we’ve created the Airflow King of cases. Combining the cooling capabilities with the space and storage features, the Tempest is designed to be the best enthusiast and gaming chassis in its class.”

Retailing for $99, the new Tempest case is available now from http://www.nzxt.com/products/tempest/

For more information on NZXT and to view the company’s complete catalog, visit www.nzxt.com

About NZXT
    NZXT is a global brand established in 2004 as a PC hardware company built on the dreams of gamers. Their unique lineup of award-winning gaming hardware is completely inspired by gaming culture with product designs driven by the worldwide community of PC Enthusiasts and gamers. Combining unique design and unparalleled performance, gamers can find quality hardware representing their own style and personality in NZXT.

2. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Not bad.

Pro - Plenty of drive bays, front sockets in a sensible location, 2x 4-into-3 HD caddies, plenty of cooling.
    Con - Looks a bit Antec Nine Hundred-ish, no front firewire socket.

All in all, I think I may have found my next case (especially if the recommended $99 translates anywhere near £49).

Edit: One of the pics on NZXT's website seems to show a 120x2 rad fitted in the top of the case.

3. naokaji

naokaji whatever

seen that too and got excited, but then in the desciption it says that there are 2x 140 fans in the top...

4. Major

Major Guest

Not my thing, looks too cheapish looking.

5. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

*crosses my arms annoyedly* Damnit Johnny, those front HDD cages were supposed to be 5 each.

6. Kierax

Kierax What's a Dremel?

Very nice case, but my next ones going to be more mature, I learned my lesson with the Antec 900.

7. Matticus

Matticus ...

I like the internal design, seems most new cases are going down that road.

Externally I am not so sure about it, those 2 bits either side of the front and top that stick out seem a bit pointless and without them it would be a nice, (boring :thumb:), everybody friendly case.

8. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Maybe they've sourced/commissioned a 140x2 rad? :dremel:

9. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

There's mounting holes for 120mm fans too. Failing that, I think there's some general holes in the roof with the right spacing...

10. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Looks like it's starting to come through now:-

UK - Advancetec £62.22 inc VAT
    US - Newegg $109.99