1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memory O/C settings to get my RAM to 1600?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by TSDAdam, 15 Feb 2011.

1. TSDAdam

TSDAdam Beard!

I've got 4GB (2x2) of 1600 Corsair XMS3 RAM (9-9-9-24), an Asus M4A78LT-M motherboard and a Phenom II X4 965 CPU too. As far as I'm aware my RAM is running at 1333 at the moment as 1600 is an overclocking option, but what I want to know is what I need to do to get it to 1600? There are various OC options in the BIOS but I don't want to mess around without knowing what I'm doing, so thought I should ask here. The mobo manual isn't very in-depth.

I see there are pre-set OC options like 2%, 5% etc, but not sure if I should be using these options as they may clock the CPU too and I'm only running the stock cooler on it.

Any ideas?

2. Deders

Deders Modder

If there is no option to increase your ram multiplier then try increasing the HTT, this will overclock your ram and CPU.

3. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

what mobo do you have as you should just be able to increase the RAM multiplier job done.

i had to do it on th last 3 phenom builds i did as 1333 is same price as 1600 but they arent overclocked.

4. TSDAdam

TSDAdam Beard!

As per my original post, I have an Asus M4A78LT-M

5. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

ah sorry

you just need to change "memory clock mode" to manual and set it to 800mhz which will double pump to 1600mhz as its double data rate

also change "DRAM timing mode" to manual and set the correct timings and voltage that the stick requires.

TSDAdam likes this.
  6. TSDAdam

TSDAdam Beard!

Great, thanks for that, I'll have a look when I get home :)

7. TSDAdam

TSDAdam Beard!

Many thanks, found it and all seems to be working great so far :)