1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News O2 crowned king of mobile broadband speeds

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 26 May 2011.

1. jimmyjj

jimmyjj Minimodder

Is it me or are newer comments now up top?

Not good.

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

It's you. You can change it in your forum preferences.

3. Coltch

Coltch Minimodder

I'm still using my old E220 dongle on 3 and average speeds are between 1 & 2Mbs, if I update my dongle that may improve (plus the PAYG options are very good £15 for 3GB or £25 for 7GB).

O2 coverage is useless here, 3 and Vodafone are nearly always on HSDPA but with O2 I'm lucky to get 3G (I will not talk about that bunch of idiots Orange).

My Android phone on the other hand is much faster averaging between 3 and 5Mbs on Vodafone, although this may be down to a better receiver in the phone.

4. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

Sounds good, although I'm happy with what I currently get considering I hit a new high this morning!

http://www.speedtest.net/android/56193189.png

5. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

o2 seem to have good coverage around where I am from but seems more 2g then any thing els (but o2 seem to of bothered to upgrade a lot of there towers to edge so its about 3x faster then gprs or dialup) never used o2 my self

my brother is on three UK and he not impressed with coverage nor are 7 other users I know and one company that made the big mistake switching from Orange (that has roaming to T-Mobile for free) to three they wish they had not done that as phones norm not working on sites they are working on

I norm only get no more then 2mb on my orange or t-mobile device

6. Jim_Fear

Jim_Fear What's a Dremel?

Go to one of their shops and complain that the speeds have recently become terrible. I did the this not knowing about the speed cap and they bumped me up from the ~300Kbps limit to the Web 'n' Walk plus which seems to top out at about ~2000Kbps depending on where I am at no extra cost. (I only found out that it was supposed to cost more after they had "someone forgot to add the speed option, all smart phones should have that, let me just add that now for you")

7. littlexanth

littlexanth Saving for a Dremel

£10 a month for all that? That's not a standard plan on their site. How did you get that? Bargain with them? Be very interested to know how to get all that for £10 a month.

Tags: Add Tags