1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

O2 or Bethere

Discussion in 'General' started by Akava, 9 Sep 2008.

1. Akava

Akava Lurking...

Righty, after getting thoroughly fed up with the sub-standard service from my current ISP (Nildram) I have decided to change.

My question is, which should I change to...

I want at least 20Mb BB, so either would be high enough, I'm not overly fussed about static IP (unless someone can convince me it is better.) and I am currently with Orange (though considering changing network) so the O2 offer thing wouldn't apply.

Please help, I'm going out of my mind trying to decide and haven't got long to make the change :O

P.S. Anyone have much experience with either company?

2. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

o2 and Be* are the same company.

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Go with Be* tbh - better speeds, same company. :)

4. lujucto

lujucto What's a Dremel?

O2 Owns BeThere so they should in theory i'd have thought they would be the same. Am currently on O2 myself and haven't had any issues with them, I had a problem with my router which got replaced within a few days so they have good customer service and I also get pretty decent speeds. In my area I can get around 16Mb

5. whisperwolf

whisperwolf What's a Dremel?

If you don't have an o2 mobile then bethere is cheaper if you’re going for the unlimited package vs o2 ultimate o2 package by a whole £2 a month. However bethere has a £24 connection charge. o2 is a 12 month min contract, be has a 3 month cancellation policy. As be is owned by o2 customer service and network i would have thought are much the same. I'm with o2 and have no problems with the service I receive from them. Pick whatever terms are better suited to yourself.

6. Akava

Akava Lurking...

As for some reason I seem to be the only person alive unaware they are the same company I think I will probably go with Be* for the better speeds and the rather nice 3 month contract thingy, now is the decision as to which package to go with :(

Thanks all! :thumb:

7. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

O2 have been a perfect ISP so far- no connection fee, free router, great speeds and 100% uptime (until BT recently cut us off for no reason :grr:).

Last edited: 10 Sep 2008
  8. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

U know what, me too!

O2 gave me a refund!. My monthly bill came to £2 that month. And the best is that i pay £7.50 a month, thats a bargain.

9. TheoGeo

TheoGeo What are these goddamn animals?!

Well as has been said, they're the same company, but i'd go for bethere since they've given me great service so far. Very fast too.

10. hodgy100

hodgy100 Minimodder

im on O2 and i get the max speed that my line can handle (3Mb :( bad i know but my line will not go any faster im 3 miles away from the exchange ) but i havent had any line problems and the price is very good :)

11. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

Me and Tim have Be* at home - it's a great ISP, with no download caps or bandwidth limits at a reasonable price considering the service. Joe is with O2 and his router is a little less configurable, although you get O2 for a lot cheaper if you've got an O2 contract.

12. DE.223

DE.223 What's a Dremel?

As mentioned above I think they are both the same company but with different pricing structures. For what it is worth BE is very very good. Not outages, unlimited downloads and decent customer services.

13. Akava

Akava Lurking...

My girl friend has recently been set up on O2 and I like the speed she has been getting, which is what started this whole thing.

I'm thinking I will probably just go for the Be Unlimited (£18 / 24MB) and save myself some £8 a month :O, as with Nildram I currently get no more than about 300kb up, the 1.3MB upload should be a much better speed either way (meaning i don't really need the 2.5 from the Be* Pro Package).

As for the router I will more than likely be buying a new one either way, (I smell a new thread), because my Linksys is dying and i'll want Wireless N for if/when I can get my hands on an Asus Eee!