1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oblivion sound glitch

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by mattthegamer463, 19 Sep 2007.

1. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

I have a tiny glitch that I thought I could fix with a reinstall, but it didn't seem to work.

When playing TES4: Oblivion and I talk to someone, they have no voice audio. When I'm not talking to them directly they still say "Greetings" or whatever and I can hear that, its only when I'm in a actual conversation with them. No other sounds seem to be missing from the game.

I turned off Nights of the Nine, all my mods from the data files menu, set everything to default. No dice. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, but I (obviously) kept my save games and everything in the save folder. Voices volume in the menu is set to 80%.

Anyone ever suffer this same glitch? Hopefully someone can shed some light.

2. sam.g.taylor

sam.g.taylor Apparently I'm Greg Kinnear

When you reinstalled, did you delete all your mods and install them again afterwards, or just turned them back on? You might want to do a full clean install in that case, keeping ONLY your savegames.

For that matter, what mods ARE you using?

3. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

;)

The uninstall removed all the texture mods (high res environment textures, you perverts) as well as a few user-created missions. All of those should have been deleted when the game was uninstalled. The rest of the mods are accessible through the oblivion data files window, but nothing is checked, not even NOTN or any of the other mini-addons put out by Bethesda.

I'm thinking it could be a glitch to do with my sound drivers/speakers, I sometimes have very strange problems if its set on stereo mode but I have all 4 speakers running, etc. However I tried walking near people to get greetings from different angles, and I couldn't find an angle where the sound didn't work or came out the wrong speaker. Everything appeared normal.