Obtaining Sponsorship: What NOT to do

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Bindibadgi, 15 Dec 2008.

1. Pranja

Pranja Blackwolf

Cool. I was thinking that sponsors doesn't like long projects. I will start in 3-4 weeks.

2. TheGreatSatan

TheGreatSatan Dark Lord of BT!

It's pretty frustrating.

I've had sponsors before: InWin, Gigabyte, OCZ, Enermax, Thermaltake, AMD, and a couple more that escape me right now, but there's some I will never get. I've contacted EVGA, MSI, Asus, and Cooler Master and they'll never respond. I don't consider myself one of the modding greats. But, you'd think with over 50 custom PC's in the last 10 years and a dozen magazine appearances it would be a little easier.

Sorry, just annoyed.......

3. Asouter

Asouter --------

It does make you wonder, how they pick which projects to back, there's some pretty cool projects with no sponsorship .... Doesn't make sense

4. Phame

Phame COOOOFFFFEEEEE

Surely every modders dream to have sponsorship from companies that help them do what they love with out having to pay for the items.

I can see where TheGreatSatan is coming from but thats just life I guess!
    Shame.

Hopefully one day eh? xD

5. Luciel

Luciel Lamptron Europe

In my own personal experience I think it´s important to show companies that you do not depend on their sponsorship. So for example, you buy a 60Gb SSD for your build, you already have it, then you could contact SSD manufacturers and propose your project. They see you already have an SSD and you´re not really doing it for the sake of getting componentes you actually need for your build to be complete but rather to upgrade what you already have avaliable with something somewhat more epic. This is the reason why I always buy all the components I´ll need for my projects, if afterwards a sponsor comes through, then great. Again, this is purely based on my own experience :)

6. TheGreatSatan

TheGreatSatan Dark Lord of BT!

I forgot Corsair!