1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics [OC Tool] – Nv GPU Pro - GoodBytes's advance automated graphic card OC software

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GoodBytes, 30 Aug 2012.

1. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Actually, the reason for this, is because you are using your Intel GPU, NOT your Nvidia GPU. Your Nvidia GPU is turned off. You are using Lucid Virtu system. The system that auto-switch between Nvidia/AMD and Intel graphic solution. Using this system, will conflict with my software, as any calls my software does to the Nvidia GPU, will be ignored as the GPU is turned off.

Lucid Virtu Universal MVP isn't available or compatible with all boards, and I am seeing newer boards, like on Socket 2011 that don't have it. Also, I have been reading reports, that in some cases, people are experiencing a lots of problem.. especially with old games that demand power from the GPU, but not enough to have the Nvidia/AMD graphic card kick-off by the Lucid system. Or it switches during game session because an area isn't demanding, so you have this choppy/smooth switch going on. To try and rectify the problem, the software has a built-in list of games which will enable the Nvidia/AMD GPU while you run the game. This is great. BUT, the list is predefined, and if you want that list updated, you need to update the software, and for any rare games or Indi games well, you are out of luck.

The company seams to advertise to only support Sandy Bridge boards, this could be a problem.. as after 3 years... will your new games still be supported? With my system, the database is always shared with everyone, so you have "everything" (well it needs to be added by someone first... but you get the idea... you don't need to buy a new version or something to have the list updated. That is what I mean)

Last edited: 3 Sep 2012
  2. GoodBytes

Well thank you very much, I really appreciate it!

[edit]Ignore bellow, I miss understood you[/edit]
    Well the idea is to not use it in conjunction with MSI Afterburner, but you set it to use an alternative OC tool (so instead of using Nvidia's System Tool, using MSI AfterBurner). I think the best way to control MSI Afterburner is to use the keyboard shortcut emulation. However, if this is how you set it up and you are facing problem, then I would look into it, to improve support with it.

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Gonna test it v.soon and drop you $5 just because you're awesomesauce. Also gonna introduce it to some PMs here. :)

EDIT: Does it work on notebook GPUs?

4. GoodBytes

Super thanks!

Of course! Although I have not tested it with Nvidia's Optimus powered GPU's... I expect to have the save problem as Lucid Viru system, where it will conflict, as the Nvidia GPU will be turned off, when my software will try to communicate with the Nvidia graphic card. So if the graphic card doesn't have Optimus, or is disabled, it will work perfectly.

In my case, I was going for a long trip (6h on the plane). I wanted to play Portal 2 on the plane. I created a med level graphic card performance just for the game, so that my GPU doesn't go at full speed to reduce power usage. And balanced out the settings of Portal 2 to reflect the lower settings, and I was able to play for 6h, and STILL have a bit of battery life left. If I let my GPU go at full speed, I would have about 3-4 hours only.

And for day to day usage. I am forcing my GPU at minimum speed on the desktop, so that when I open the Start Screen in Windows 8, or move a window a bit too much (Win7 and 8), it won't make my GPU think I am playing a game and clock at full speeds. This has help increase my laptop actual usage battery life (mind you that my laptop is 4 years old). And when I play any game on the go, I have full performance, as my software kicks my GPU at full speed.

[edit]Also, my overclock tool knows that you are running on a laptop and configures automatically to the best settings for laptops.[/edit]

5. Mechh69

Mechh69 I think we can make that fit

I have a question for you does it support multiple GPUs? A little treat I found out today is that 3 260 GTX equals about 1 560TI (but eats a whole lot more power). I will be more than happy to try your tool on my computer as I need the GPUs to down clock to save a bit of power. Either send me a PM or just leave a message in here as im sure that some people with have the same multi GPU question. I have several games I will be happy to add if they have not already been added.

6. GoodBytes

AHA! After playing further with AfterBurner with my software, I was able to replicate the problem on my side! I am working on a fix right now. Sorry, I initially miss understood you.

7. GoodBytes

New Version

Version: 1.0 Build 30
    • FIXED [Monitor] Unable to load a predefined Nvidia System Tools profile.
    • FIXED [Monitor] Bug in emulating keyboard shortcut with MSI AfterBurner.

Download: http://nvgpupro.com/download.php

8. Deders

Deders Modder

I don't have an Intel GPU, for my PC's generation I would need a H55 board with an i3, whereas I have a P55 board with an i5 750 which doesn't have an IGP. The 560TI is my only GPU.

9. Mechh69

Downloading now to try this. It looks to be a good program.

Edit: It is only showing 2 of the 4 graphics cards, and the display drivers version: is garbled.
    It does read correct in the WEI bench mark details. That is with the GPU tweak and does it only work when the program is minimized?

I just downloaded the Nv GPU Pro.
    Problem: I know it is probably just a process but Norton auto deleted it as a threat I will provided a link and screen grab for you. Yes I am going to over ride Norton on this one and give it a go.

http://forums.bit-tech.net/picture.php?albumid=691&pictureid=29490

10. Mechh69

Link does not take me to registration page from in the app if you haven't registered.

Sign in not working is the server down?

Edit: Nv GPU Pro does not show my 9600 in the drop down for the video cards it just has a blank space, but it does display the information about the card except: GPU Ambient (not sure if that is not a issue with the card not having a sensor for it or not)

11. GoodBytes

Interesting, can you give me your minimum graphic card frequencies that the card goes to (core clock, memory clock, shader/processor/(wtv) clock)? I'll make you a special profile, which you can load, and I want to see if the setting of your true minimum GPU speed, applies.

12. Deders

Deders Modder

Sure, Shaders will be at double the GPU clock. The vertical dotted line represents when the reading at the bottom left was taken.

Was playing Fall of Cybertron just before these images were taken. Because I use Vsync the GPU only needs to use 40-50% of it's power.

Full speed:
    [​IMG]

Medium clocks:
    [​IMG]

Desktop Clocks:
    [​IMG]

13. GoodBytes

The current version of Nv GPU Tweak Tool only supports up to dual GPU, as mentioned on the site. I'll see in supporting up to 3 GPU's later on. And I have no idea how dual GPU in 1 board works. Never had one or access to one.

Ok so as explained, Norton marked my software a virus/malware/spyware.. because it's not famous enough among Norton users. BTW, expect the same with Windows 8 Smart Screen. About half the stuff I installed from the web, I got Windows 8 saying it is potentially a virus, because it's not famous (or at least not yet), nor digital signed... because free software doesn't have the money to purchase some over the top ridiculously expensive digital signatures.
    So every time, you have to click on More information, which will enable the button Run Anyway for the first time, for each software.

Nice catch. Wrong link in software.

Try restarting the Management Console. I think the Management Console fetch the info of your graphic card faster than the initialization process of Nvidia API code with the drivers.
    Does that work?

14. GoodBytes

@Deders,
    Thank you. I have PM'ed you.

15. Mechh69

Thank you for the quick responses. I figured that was the issue with norton I trust people on the forums so I just told it to restore it and installed it anyway.

Just reloaded the Console and monitor and it is still not listing the 9600 it is just a blank spot but it does open. I can do a screen shot if you want.

Im playing( benching ) my comp a bit to day so I will reinstall all my programs and add more to the list if I can. I hope this is helping.

16. GoodBytes

I have PM'ed you.
    Also, are you using Nvidia's official latest drivers?

17. Mechh69

Yes 301.42 just had to re-immage the other day.

18. kirk46

kirk46 Cheesecake Nom Nom

ive just tried buying the premium license and it says something when wrong on your website?

EDIT: its come up on my account that im a premium member. all is good :)

19. bagman

bagman Minimodder

How well does it work with hybrid + dedicated laptop gpu's? Do I need your software when I already have a gpu for low power operations?

As I am getting a laptop with a intel gpu and then a dedicated nvidia gpu. Is there any reason for me using your software? I know it will increase my gaming sessions (like you said) but for me with this setup is there any advantages? sorry for poor explanation :s

I have to say it is a great idea for single gpu laptops, and I wish you the best of luck with your software.

20. GoodBytes

Yes, I was notified about the problem the moment you got the error message.

What happened is that once the transaction was a success from PayPal, a request to make you a premium user was done. However, my server took time to response, and PayPal has redirected you to my transaction verification page without waiting for the request to be done. The verification page, checks if your account was put as a Premium user or not. If it did, success, else it shows an error message. As the problem was that the server took time response to upgrade your account, the verification page checked too quickly, and saw that it didn't promote you. Also it could be that your cookies are disabled.

I am looking to solve this problem.
    [edit]Fixed![/edit]

Big thanks for your support! I really appreciate it!

Last edited: 8 Sep 2012