1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics [OC Tool] – Nv GPU Pro - GoodBytes's advance automated graphic card OC software

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GoodBytes, 30 Aug 2012.

1. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Depends on the technology. If you have a manual switch system, to change the GPU, my software can help when the Nvidia GPU is activated. Of course, you'll need to activate it before my software is suppose to change your graphic card performance. Because the GPU will be turned off, so it will be ignored. A possible use, is if you go in out gaming, and don't want to always manually switch the GPU as you require to practically close all programs to do so. Let's say you play game A, then had enough, check your e-mail, check the web, start game B, or as you mentioned, limit the graphic card performance to have something in between the Intel and the Nvidia GPU normal performance for extended play.

If you are using a GPU with Nvidia Optimus, where it auto switches for you and without the need to close any program, then all I can say, is that I haven't tested my software with such system. So expect that my software may not work too well.

Last edited: 8 Sep 2012
  2. bagman

bagman Minimodder

It is a manual switch. Sorry but to get it straight if I switch to the nvidia gpu will your software automatically activate?

3. GoodBytes

My software always stays activated. So if your GPU is turned off, any communication my software does to the GPU, will be ignored by the GPU, as it is turned off. What you can do is open/close the monitoring software to activate it and turn it off.

But if you want, and if you have time and patience, we can see if we can have my software activate automatically when Nvidia GPU is enabled and disable when it's not. I don't have the hardware to test this, so I'll need you.

4. bagman

bagman Minimodder

I can try and help you with that when I get my laptop, it will be a few weeks yet though. It will be a sony 13p.

But if the software is activated all the time, and only communicates to the gpu when the gpu is on. Why does it matter if your software enables and disables automatically? Like what would be the point, if it is happy don't mess with it.

5. GoodBytes

Many reasons. For example, lets say you start BF3 on it, and you are on the Intel GPU. My software will switch to High Performance profile (or overclock or whatever profile you created and picked), but it won't. So yes, it won't be the end of the world, either way you'll need to close the game to switch to the Nvidia GPU. But it provides false information to you.

Another problem, is my software monitors your GPU temperature continuously. If your Nvidia GPU is off, I don't know what it return when the software checks the temperatures. It can be -1, witch would be perfect. But if it returns a random value (which it can do), like 8808053. Well my software will think that your Nvidia GPU is overheating, and start showing false information. Plus, my software, if it detects it can't cool off your graphic card (which it won't, as the value is a randomly large number), it will restore all settings to default, and terminate. That will be annoying for you.

So it depends on what will happen.

6. GoodBytes

Hello everyone,

I would just to provide a quick update to all, but first, I would just like to remind people that only 3 days is left for the promotion and contest (submit 15 games or apps that uses the GPU, get the Premium version for free). Remember it all ends on October 1st at 12:00AM EST time.

Ok, quick update:
    Thanks to a lot of feedback from people in improving my software, especially from Mechh69 who not only provided lots of feedback to me, but also dedicated a lot of his personal time in testing Nv GPU Pro beta versions to make sure everything is working properly, a new big update of Nv GPU Pro is coming. This update will provide some much needed compatibility improvements with GeForce GTX 400 series and newer cards, much improved SLI and multi-GPU support (and even support, having both mixed in the system), and finally lots of bug fixes and improvements throughout the program. I am doing some final testing right now, so expect it soon.

Last edited: 29 Sep 2012