1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant OcUK, yes, they can sink lower

Discussion in 'General' started by naokaji, 4 Jun 2008.

1. RTT

RTT #parp

Quit being flippant or you shall earn yourself a week long suspension :nono:

2. specofdust

specofdust Banned

3. Oclocker

Oclocker What's a Dremel?

free speech means just that & people sometimes respond freely :)

But not all forums support such ideas .. ?

4. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

Why don't you just phone them and ask? :confused:

5. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Totally agree. I had major grief from them years and years ago and have to say I never went back as I still hear bad things about them to this day. Sucks when there's no alternative though :(

6. naokaji

naokaji whatever

the point is that they shipped it with citylink without letting me know so I could have prevented it, the first hint at citylink being used was the its been shipped with citylink email.

7. ChEsTeH

ChEsTeH What's a Dremel?

Ok OCUK seem to make mistakes, as does any retailer I would imagine.

I will say this though I`ve dealt with them on a number of occasions two of which were £1500+ orders and some others of lesser amounts they have always provided me with a first class service. I can only comment on my personal experiences with them.

One thing I did notice with them that I didnt agree with was the pricing of some of their stock if they know there`s a nationwide shortage they seem to inflate their prices and rip people off thats my only complaint about them.

8. theevilelephant

theevilelephant Minimodder

i've ordered a few bits from them over the years, nothing over £300. Never had any problems... it sounds like a mistake tbh

9. specofdust

specofdust Banned

I always find it interesting in threads about OcUK that you get two groups of people.

You get the ones who come on and say "They screwed me over tonnes, I'd never shopw with them again, I hate them" - often a fairly extreme dislike or even hatred of them.

Then you get the ones who come and say "I've bought one thing/some stuff/tonnes of stuff from them and never had a problem"

Interesting that you don't seem to see people who say "I bought something from them once, had a problem, and they fixed it quickly and professionally." - when 10/10 customers who've had to use a companies customer service aren't happy, that's a clue.

10. AngelOfRage

AngelOfRage Minimodder

Seems I fit into the "never had a problem" group. I normally use them and have found them helpful. I've had friends order and not had issues. My Dad uses them also and has never had a problem.

So it's not all doom and gloom, they have a good selection of stuff and it's not that over priced, plus they do occasionally have some good special offers on. I'm not going to stop using something I’m happy with because of somebody had a bad experience once.

Just a shame that on such a large forum community, people who stick up for OCUK get such a bad reputation!

11. Major

Major Guest

It's like anything in life, some people hate bananas, some people love bananans, some people think "hmm they are ok".

OcUK is liike marmite, you either love em, or hate em. ;)

12. TheCherub

TheCherub Minimodder

Going at a slight tangent, is there anyone else in the country that stocks PC Power and Cooling kit? OCUK are the only people who seem to have it…

13. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

following your analogy, am i to assume that you would still like bananas if one day one punched you in the face and ran away with your wallet, then fed mouldy banana to your dog?

14. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

I had a problem with them once: bought a Tagan 480W PSU. It was dead on arrival. I phoned them, they said send it back, so I did. Within two days I had a new (not refurb) PSU, and they certainly didn't charge for delivery. All the times I've bought stuff off them before and since have been fine.

I would like to point out that in that instance, instead of making a thread saying "OMG OcUK SUCK!!" I actually phoned them and sorted the problem out and they were very helpful about it.

15. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

i've always chuckled whenever i've heard overcockers mentioned.

haven't the foggiest why.

16. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

indeed. but why do you make that point here, and not with OcUK's customer Care division?

This is obviously a dastardly thing to do, but a good CC rep will be able to fix this in no-time. Just phone them and say you will not accept the delivery, and have them re-send it the proper way. If they refuse, ask them what the can do for you, and see if you can work out something acceptable.

If they refuse that, you'd be perfectly understood for giving up hope and start posting negative things about them. The way i see it now, you haven't given them the chance to fix or even react to the problem.

17. Major

Major Guest

Of course...

18. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

19. specofdust

specofdust Banned

How interesting:

And to think, I've been permabanned with extreme prejudice for over 3 years?

Fair enough, I recognise it's not impossible. Don't go characterising everyone who has a strong dislike for them as being whiney or anything though, there are many valid reasons for holding a strong dislike of OcUK. Of all the major retailers, they do seem to be the one that have screwed the largest number of people over. Myself included.

20. Dave Penguin

Dave Penguin O hai.

Simplest solution: next time you have to return something, load some very heavy items in the box with it, like a few house bricks, etc. And ensure it's "Payment on delivery".

Mwahahahaha.

Tags: