1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Oculus Ready PC bundles priced

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 10 Feb 2016.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

All this VR ready stuff is going over my head.
    I'm still using a i5 750 and a GTX 670
    Everything I used with a DK2 Oculus rift worked fine.

3. Scroome

Scroome Modder

I don't really see people queuing out the doors for these....

4. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

So most of those rigs are using a Nvidia 970, well if I ever did get a rift atleast I know my 290X would handle it :)

5. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

I am finding it really hard to believe the $949 figure to be correct for the bundled rift. To me it seems that this is the price of just the base unit and the rift on top of that will make it up to $1499.

6. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Yeah, that's what I thought - seemingly confirmed by the "you'll be able to pre-order a bundle starting at $1499" in the text of the announcement - but the image on Oculus VR's website clearly says "bundle price." I'm guessing somebody at Oculus has screwed up there!

7. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

Just saw that the text is "including a Special Offer price for people who’ve already pre-ordered Rift"
    So the special offer price is the $949 for people already pre-ordered the rift. Makes more sense now.

8. Gareth Halfacree

Yup: the image has been updated. Before, where it now says "special offer," it said "bundle price." I'll update the article when I'm at my desktop.

9. tiger-moth

tiger-moth What's a Dremel?

Thing is with VR headsets; they'd be great for fighter flight sims, where you need to keep an eye on your '6' and so on, and for landing where you really need peripheral vision to line up. I always wished for one when I played them. They'd be good for Space Combat games. Any cockpit sim, basically, would benefit from them.
    But those type of games aren't really around like they used to be.
    Driving sims maybe.
    For FPS, RPG, strategy etc. you're just going to get dizzy.

10. fodder

fodder Minimodder

Elite: Dangerous is designed for VR and has worked with the DK2 from the start. X-Plane have been/are working on it - not sure where they are at. War Thunder works with it.

I am sure there are more flight sim/cockpit like games that work with it. Need to save my pennies up as E: D is supposed to be incredible with it.

Last edited: 11 Feb 2016
  11. Jimbob

Jimbob Minimodder

I'm glad the spec for these aren't too high, The minimum spec listed on the site was so punchy I was getting worried my Fury X wouldn't cut it when my Rift arrives. I guess only time will tell.