1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Oculus Rift consumer launch rumoured for April 2015

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 12 Sep 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

I tried one of the older versions at Goodwood FOS (Mercedeez stand I think) and I was very disappointed, I'm guessing it's a lot better with games rather than the 360 video they were running. I'd imagine the updated consumer version will be much better. I'd quite happily pay £200-300 if the experience is good enough.

3. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

I have 5 of these (I've known the devs for years) and each one they send me is better than the last, this is the most important peripheral for the PC since the mouse, easily eclipsing even the graphics card.

When the Os is coupled with a killer app (which is most likely Star*Citizen or Elite:Dangerous, or maybe even Sasha Grey cumming (sic) back to make a movie for this), all dates in PC gaming will be BOR and AOR, before and after Oculus Rift, respectively.

Once the guys told me that they might be bought by FB, we all had a party, even the POSSIBILITY meant that they would get the funding necessary to invest in the very complex R&D needed to push them to a consumer level product that would deliver the ages (decades) old promise of VR for the PC.

This is the real deal people, and Mr Carmack is involved, you will never meet a more incredibly dedicated developer as John, coupled with his outrageously high-iq and creativity (two different factors that do no always line up) we have a secret weapon in making sure this is the best of the best.

Yours in Imperial OR Plasma,
    Star*Dagger

P.S. Now back to racing! (S*C)

4. atlas

atlas What's a Dremel?

I think you are 100% right, I don't think the potential has even begun to be tapped. Cannot wait to get my hands on one.

5. dolphie

dolphie What's a Dremel?

That is still about a year off :( I imagine the Elite Dangerous players will be done with the game by then. Hope it is worth the wait.

6. dolphie

dolphie What's a Dremel?

I am disappointed now that I read you can see the pixels :C

7. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder