1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Oculus Rift DK2 headset goes up for pre-order

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 20 Mar 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. runadumb

runadumb What's a Dremel?

Ordered mine within 30 mins of them going on sale. I have burnt up ALL of my patience the on the DK1 and without a firm release date for CK1 I just can't wait. Having already been blown away by the DK1.
    Palmer and Nate have said "its coming real soon" and "We are very close" the words have lost all meaning. Sure come E3 when they announce CK1 will be coming in September I will sigh loudly, until then I'll be enjoying the **** out of VR.

3. rollo

rollo Modder

Guess they finally relised competiton is coming faster than they can afford to wait around for.

Wonder who wins the VR war?

4. sandys

sandys Multimodder

seemingly both bits of hardware from Sony and Occulus work in a a similar fashion so the winner will be VR in general as devs should be able to support both, the backing of Sony will likely see a big push in games generally which is no bad thing.

Pricing and support will be the key to adoption generally, Sonys looks good and I have all the supporting hardware (Move/camera etc) but if their HMDs are anything to go by price with be shocking.

5. Lenderz

Lenderz Minimodder

Shame shipping and taxes brings it up to $470 in the UK :( I was ready to drop $350-400 on it. Its just a little too much for an unfinished product.