1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Oculus VR blocks Revive, accidentally enables piracy

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 23 May 2016.

1. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

doesn't the licensing make it as good as closed source? Open source isn't much good without being Libre in some fashion.

2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Gawd, I remember lengths we would go to, fine tuning Autoexec and config to the nth degree just to free up a few extra KBs in order to get some games to run.

Also remember DOS 6.22 and the new improved Smartdrive? Awesome - and then you installed Windows, which re-wrote the path and pointed back to the old Smartdrive executable in the Windows folder! :lol:

3. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

What Oculus(facebook) are doing is just terrible. No wonder Palmer Luckey has stopped posting on forums and reddit now. Anything he says ends up being false.

I had a rift on order for a long time, but also ordered the a few months later. The vive promptly arrived first so I cancelled the rift order. I am so glad I did because honestly, I believe the vive is far superior in its current form.
    Steam will be the game changer for this. Most people will buy via steam, which means that games would work for both PC based headsets.

4. forum_user

forum_user forum_title

The irony is that games made exclusively for Oculus Rift can be bought through Steam.

As DriftCarl says, Rift has lost out to Vive with regards technical brilliance.