News OCZ wants in on R600

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 16 Mar 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S Well-Known Member

2. rupbert

rupbert New Member

The R600 will be 9 1/2 inches long right?

3. Tim S

Tim S Well-Known Member

I didn't have a ruler with me, but it doesn't poke over the end of a standard ATX mobo. :p

4. Fr4nk

Fr4nk Tyrannosaurus Alan !

Sounds good :) Can't wait for this + a life time warranty would be the icing on the cake.

5. rupbert

rupbert New Member

May now though :(

6. Darth Joules

Darth Joules Member

End of May if OCZ do a X2900XT using GDDR4. I've got a bad feeling that numbers of GDDR4 X2900XTs are going to be a bit limited on initial release. I think June/July will be more realistic for the most of us when supply increases and the debut premium prices drop a bit.

7. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

its to late now, too many people have upgraded to 8800 allready - i think they need to put there effort more towards mid range dx10 where they have a a chance of getting decent sale figures

8. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

I'm behind this all the way. When they set about doing something they normally impress.

It's a shame that it's been such a delay though, with the success of the x19xx series I was looking to return to ATI with the R600. Last week I had to bite the bullet and upgrade to the 8800 GTX, tried holding off but got caught in the waiting game.

ATI must have lost a lot of the DX10 market since so many people were needing to upgrade.....If they keep delaying it's inevitable that people will take another route.

It's a shame really since by launch time I'm sure Nvidia will have the 8900 or what ever the next card is called ready.

9. Darth Joules

Darth Joules Member

I've been waiting since January and I can no longer wait forever either. But it's going to have a major effect on my new PC build. Whatever I get now, mobo and GPU wise, might all end up getting completely upgraded again in 3-4 months time when we have a full selection of graphics solutions on the table. Especially since I'm going for a serious gaming rig do I go all out and pin my colours to the SLI flag now (a la nForce 6 mobos)? Do I gamble on a Intel975i mobo (with a single GPU) for a future Crossfire? Or do I for a budget mobo/GPU stop-gap to last me until summertime?

Tough time of choices to upgrade or build a new PC. Even harder on the wallet. :sigh:

10. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

i think it is a tittle to late for ATI to enter the DX10 market....... at least they should get it out before crysis is out.... [hint]or bundle it with the GC[/hint]

Tags: Add Tags