1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Odd Corruption Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Neo2Neo, 11 Jul 2006.

1. Neo2Neo

Neo2Neo What's a Dremel?

Im having a prob with my 9800pro, i get corruption from post it's like horz lines but sometimes its alright do you think the problem is the agp slot?
    I,ve tried other cards and they seem to work ok, also there is a slight bend in the card after it had a fall about a year ago some caps got knocked off and i soldered them back on and has worked ok till now, the only other thing i can thik is that some of the traces are cracked.

Can anyone shed any light on this for me, cheers!

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I think its overheated at one point and has now got artifacts. If it's under warranty still RMA it, otherwise, get a new one.

3. TheoGeo

TheoGeo What are these goddamn animals?!

If he's resoldered it himself, they might not accept it back. Worth a try though.

Check the temperature, it might be overheating due to the heatsink having bad contact with the gpu or through the fan being old and full of dust. If the temps are fine, maybe reinstall drivers, if that fixes nothing then you need a new card

4. Neo2Neo

Neo2Neo What's a Dremel?

Not a problem with heat its got a big copper HS on there see sig think i have it solved the HS was bending the card down propped it up again to normal height and all seems to be ok..

5. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

:hehe: Now that's a ghetto repair job...

Tags: