1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Odd mouse problem with operation flashpoint

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by chambochae, 10 May 2009.

1. chambochae

chambochae What's a Dremel?

I decided to play Operation Flashpoint again yesterday but I'm a bit stumped by a problem with the mouse that i'm experiencing. It's the first time I've run it on vista and everything seems absolutely fine apart from this one problem.

The mouse is not responsive in the horizontal direction. What I mean is, if I move my mouse horizontally, it's possible to creep the mouse slowly along the surface withouth causing the crosshair to move at all. However, moving the mouse relatively quickly does cause the crosshair to move relatively normally, if a little jittery. This only affects the horizontal movement of the mouse; the vertical movement is smooth as silk like it should be. This really makes the game unplayable because its impossible to accurately aim. I'm using a logitech laser mouse. I've tried many different surfaces. I have not installed the logitech soft[bloat]ware. And as I've mentioned before i'm running vista. I have not seen this problem with the mouse occur in any other game I've played on this machine. Googling doesn't seem to throw up any answers.

Any ideas?

2. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Here.

It may or may not be helpful.

3. chambochae

Hmm, yes, it would seem the problem could be acceleration in the x direction. I'll have to try installing the logitech setpoint thing. I dont really want to though because last time i found it altered how the mouse behaved in windows too much.

4. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I had the same problem when I tried OF on vista. If you are a hardcore gamer and need to have perfect sensitivity settings in all your games, don't install logitech drivers or they will drive you nuts as you wil have to find the right settings all over again

5. chambochae

Well the setpoint thing was entirely unsuccessful HOWEVER I have fixed the problem! It went away when I simply increased the sensitivity of the mouse in the OF options dialogue. I had it quite low because it seemed very sensitive but as soon as I moved it back up to more normal levels on the scale (just under half-way) the problem went away. Now the only problem is it's very sensitive, so I'm going to have to decrease the sensitivity of the windows mouse every time I play, I think.

Anyway, at least I can get rid of Setpoint bloatware again.

6. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Ah well. I have setpoint installed so I can use the side scrolling on my mouse.