1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics odd problem?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Ryu_ookami, 22 Oct 2018.

1. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

I've got the GFX Card thats in the image below.
    gfx card.jpg

I can play Guilds wars etc for Hours with no problems, I bought a steam game called 'Rampage of the Dead' within 3 minutes of playing the game the temperature of my GFX card climbs to 87 and beyond presumably, the gpu load goes to 100% and the fan speed goes to 67% and then steadily climbs and then the screen goes black and the game crashes with no error code.

any idea why a game with less than normal graphics would cause the problems its having?

2. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Morse Monkey

It's a £1.69 game at full price, so I can't imagine they spent the majority of their extremely limited budget on platform optimisation.

You could try a clean sweep of NV drivers and DX but failing that, put it down to poorly optimised software and wait until it's patched or delete it.

3. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

Okay I wasn't aware that the game could effect the gfx card like that..

4. Hawkest_83

Hawkest_83 Member

A badly optimised game can cause all manner of problems, i have to make sure my fan curve is optimised for one specific AAA game that i'm currently playing or it will crash if it gets too hot. and i'm only talking 65-70C.

Try using afterburner to adjust the fan speed to a point where the GPU is kept cooler - this may or may not make a difference.