Front to center Ok it's time for an update. I've been working on the front of the case for all this week. To improve the look on the main button, i decided to use all my skills to create a kind of "badge" to it. First, i draw by hand a letter "O" from the case logo in a mask tap that was used to mask a piece of black acrylic. Unfortunatelly i didn't took a picuture of this... After this i cut it with my trusty "Olfa knife", and as i was about to cut it (as a matter of fact i DID start to cut it) i remembered to take pictures: Then i started to cut it in the table jigsaw: Although this looks like a fantastic tool, it has its flaws. It melts the acrylic as it cuts because its too fast (and this piece was of poor quality). As it melts the acrylic, the pieces sometimes bond together. A melted acrylic becomes harder. Its like you are "tempering" the acrylic. So i was used just to roughly cut it. This is what i've got after some cutting in the table jigsaw: At this point i used the dremel to get into the pre finishing phase of it. After some "dremeling". Then I drilled some holes with a 1mm drill bit and started to file it with needle files: This is fun... When you have the time! This is the finished product without polishing: I put the main button in the machinist "something" I don't know the name of this tool in english, help apreciated) to test where i wanted the piece to be: Then i used again my trusty Olfa knife - Hey Olfa guys, u could sponsor me huh? For the polishing part i am using a wax made of carnauba that is proper for acrylics. And with that i am using a sheep pelt to help me in this task. I wish i could say that "no harm was made to any animals" but that would be a lie... Sorry activists... Some years ago i saw that piece of art that it is "Macro Black" here in Bit-Tech. Back when this site was modding only... Well, it had some reviews, but was mainly for modders. Anyway... In that time macroman used a simple circuit that swap from red to blue LEDs when there was HDD activity. I use this circuit all the time. And here it is again mounted in place: In this photo, u can see the back of the button i was working on. Blue leds in place. Time to test: Stand by... HD activity. Perfect as always errrr... at least much of the time yes.... I know it is not Macroman's circuit (i can't remember the original maker of the circuit), but thanks Macroman (and the other guy too)! In the previous post I made normal buttons with acrylicrod on top of them. its time to put them im place. To accomplish this, i thought it would be a good idea to have independent supports for each of them so i could adjust them individually. Even so, adjustin them so they do not stuck when pressed proved to be a real pain! So i drilled the holes and used this tool. I think the name of it is "tap drill" but i am not certain. Again, any help on it's name will be welcome! Before it i used to use (is this sentence right?) steel screws to make the holes so the m3 allens could fit on it. But with this cheap tool is waaay easier to do them. Them after about two hours adjustin all the buttons (no kidding) they are im place: This photo lacks the main one, but it looks like the other two. As the other two buttons will be fairly common on/off buttons, no need of details on how to install them. Another test... Stand By... Hd activity. As for this test the red leds where out of place, this where easily corrected after. I didn't told you fellas before, but that steel like thing is an adhesive (serious? i was thought it was laminated titanium as Robocop's armor). And for being a vynil adhesive (thanks to my friend Alvaro for providing me it BTW), it leaks light. And leaks A LOT! So the natural answer for this was to make 3 layers for it, but it still leaked! Then my mum - she doesn't understand anything of modding, that's why i like her opinion. She has always another point of view - came with a simple idea. I will just post the pictures: To help accomplish this task I've also sanded the "lens" on each LED so it would not concentrate the light in one point. Time to organize them better: Gotta love these project boxes! Buttons done. Next step was to put this beauty on the work: Well... We dont have an easy access to cool things you people from other coutries do. I have to be happy with this one To prevent any dust or scratches to the LCD, i've made a acrylic shield to it: Measuring... And after some drilling and polishing time to test fit it: Nothing much to say in this part as it was already made. Next step, see how it looks unmasked: ooo.... oooOOOOooooooo.... oooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooo... So exciting! Notice that the badge is NOT yet glued in place. My personal touch.... Here we can see the two things i hate on this camera: In the first image the image is blurred cause if u don't use the flash that is what happens. In the second one the flash is on, but the image washed out all the lights coming out of the button. That REALLY gets on my nerves! Anyway, use your imagination to mix them together. Thats it for this update. COMING NEXT: You'll see how can 2mm (almost) ruin an entire case! Stay tunned! Hope you guys and gals like this big update. Give me your thoughts about the project. Cheers!