1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Oh, baby...mmm, unwrap that box.

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 11 Dec 2006.

1. Perforated

Perforated What's a Dremel?

"I often find myself downloading videos on the internet for some Palm action."

mentioning "palm" in there was baiting us, really, wasn't it? :p

2. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

3. Duste

Duste Sierra my delta, bravo!

Quite disturbing. :|

4. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

in the car is pointless because there is no power outlet. my unboxings wait until the first place i can plug stuff in

edit: woot!! i'm a multimodder!

5. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Minimodder

I like opening new boxes to see the quality of the packaging. I think it's very impressive to see how little space a company can pack their product into. I might watch a clip of someone unboxing a PS3/360 simply to see the quality of the packaging, but I have no real desire to see any other products unboxed.

L J

6. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

And yet so many products come in a large, almost empty, shelf display box - I've seen games come in a large display box with a smaller display box inside and nothing but a filler and a CD in an envelope inside that.

I'm always amazed at what all goes into laptops but have never cared to disassemble one (though as a kid I had a penchant for disassembling watches).

7. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Minimodder

I kinda miss the days when games came in full size boxes. In my opinion, games that have nothing more than a CD case (like $10 games, or the modern "plastic boxes") are just examples of excessively cheap packaging.

L J

8. rupbert

rupbert What's a Dremel?

:hehe:

9. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

The best bit of that bulletin was : From our WTF? Department

I would say its an april fools but clearly it isn't, which actually makes it a little worse.

10. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

In Europe, that's actually illegal - which is why most applications are now sold in plain old DVD cases. I think it had something to do with misrepresentation - the size of the box indicated that you were getting more for your money than was actually inside the box.

As for unboxing, I'm with everyone else on this one: I like uboxing my own stuff, I don't get a kick out of watching someone else do it...

Tags: Add Tags