1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh how do I hate the massive clickable Scan advert

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Jenny_Y8S, 25 Jan 2010.

1. Jenny_Y8S

Jenny_Y8S Guest

While I think Scan is a great retailer, I can't stand the full page advert that now occupies the entire bit-tech website.

Why oh why does it all have to be clickable? I know why! So that those of us who click on the area outside of a page to bring a browser window into focus end up clicking on the advert.

Look at the stats, I visit bit-tech almost ever single day, but if the adverts stay I will honestly set my hosts file to bounce the site to somewhere else. And yes I'm a Scan customer too.

I'm prepared to rick-roll myself permanently over this!

2. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Just click on the window header to focus it? It's perfectly obvious that we need advertising to support the site and allow it to continue existing and we need to use every creative form of advertising we can to ensure that advertisers continue to use us despite the very firm lines we draw about what we will and won't do with adverts, such as no intellitext or popups.

I understand that it's annoying in the short term, but it isn't forever and can be easily adapted to. There's no need to resort to a way that actually actively damages the site you're using, surely?

3. Kamikaze-X

Kamikaze-X Minimodder

i've just spent the good part of 30 seconds, using firefox, trying to click anywhere on the Scan advert and get it to open a link to Scan. i don't see any issue with it...

Tags: