1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

oh no, please help!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by J453, 22 Feb 2004.

1. J453

J453 What's a Dremel?

I have been having strange random restarts on my pc lately.

i then went to blad Desert Combat and it restarted so i thought maybe i have a virus, so i used Sophos to check and as it got to 100% it restarted again. But this time it cam to the XP last know good configuration screen so i went to safe mode. all fine. then went back then it restarted again then twice one after another then the whole pc froze and now it doesnt boot up...... my keyboard flashes and there is no VGA output.

ive swapped CPU and no change, RAM and no change and the Gcard - no changeso ive came to the conclusion my MOBO is fried?? any help? :waah: :waah: :waah: :waah: :waah: :waah: :waah: :waah: :waah: :waah:

i have a Leadtek Winfast nForce 2 Deluxe 400 MOBO.

i really need help on this issue....

2. Xiachunyi

Xiachunyi What's a Dremel?

Can you swap your PSU to make sure it is not due to that? The motherboard not working bit could be due to data corruption. Are there any beeps?

3. RobbieGSM

RobbieGSM Banned

Might be a overheating prob reseted HS? checked temps before restart?

4. kill_me_quick

kill_me_quick Big and Blue

Check any of your pci cards, i had a little problem like this a while back and it was the pci modem not being in properly. Hope u sort it, mate

5. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

6. J453

J453 What's a Dremel?

ok, its not my CPU as i swapped the 2800 with a 2100 and there was no change, i also put the 2800 in another comp and it worked. i have tried to clear the cmos but there is still no change, i have yet to remove all peripherals and remove the battery.. i hope i can fix this as it is a relatively new MOBO and a very good one too, plus i dont have the cash for a new one :waah:

7. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

8. J453

J453 What's a Dremel?

rma?

i have removed all peripherals to the bare bones, booted up with CMOS jumper on clear CMOS. i have removed teh battery and replaced then booted up again but all of theses still lead to no display and keyboard flashing all 3 lights continuoulsy. FFS this is driving me nuts! :wallbash:

9. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

"Return Materials Authorization". Get in touch with where you bought it to arrange taking it back. Unless you bought it over the counter at a shop you need an rma in order for them to keep track of it.