1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Ok something original now - 4" Colour LCD!

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Guest-16, 5 Dec 2001.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

2. Cicada

Cicada What's a Dremel?

and if i had waited jsut a FEW more days...

3. PC4LIFE

PC4LIFE What's a Dremel?

Would make a nice addon to a car MP3 player.:)

4. linear

linear Minimodder

5. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

Already got one ;)

Winamp visualisations look sweet througt it with MMB sitting on the top displaying Temp etc :D

The only problem with it is you have to set it up as a second monitor and the version of MMB im using dosnt save which monitor it should be on so I have to drag it there every time I boot Windows and winamp does the same thing...

Just got to make some sort of stand for it now...

6. Tim S

Tim S OG

Looks cool, but I've just invested £60 (inc graphics card) on a 10" monitor with an 8meg SIS card.... it does 800x600, and I use it for much the same as what you would use that LCD for... Although everything stays on there when I reboot windows :D

If I hadn't have got this monitor tho, I would seriously consider one of them ;)

Biggie

7. Cicada

Cicada What's a Dremel?

blah, i need to buy a pci graphics card and another monitor for dual-monitor support...id love to have 2 monitors sitton atop my desk in my dorm. maybe ill see if ican find an old 15" monitor lying around the house...if not ill see if ican scrounge up US$200 on a cheap 17" monitor, sjut so the sizes of my monitors matches up.

8. SuperScrubber

SuperScrubber Mad Chemist.....buwahahaa

Thats my position exactly m8..........got a voodoo 3 pci just need a second monitor !!!
    Think I'm just going to get a nice shiny refurb sony (either the A220 or CPD-E220E) and relegate my old Hansol to 2nd monitor status ..............

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Can you run 2 diff sized desktops on a Radeon dual head? Cause i got a spare moniter at home (old 14" 60hz 800x600 Olivetti).

10. SuperScrubber

SuperScrubber Mad Chemist.....buwahahaa

To the best of my knowledge yes .......... the display properties dialogue box should allow you to customise each monitor seperatly. Why not just plug it in and give it a go anyway !?!

try http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/ for some good multi monitor info.

11. brutal

brutal What's a Dremel?

that lcd is cool and if you could get a pc dvd player to use rca connectors you would have a sweet portible system for the car

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Cause once i set it to 800x600x65hz and it nearly blew the danm thing up!

13. R121

R121 What's a Dremel?

Well im using a triple screen setup @ the moment You just can go back to a single monitor ! as far as I now the ati radeon dual monitor support and you can run differant res on differant monitors

14. Geek

Geek What's a Dremel?

Yeh. Here at Mr. Jefferson's Resort (University of Virginia for the unenlightened ;--) the School of Commerce has these schweeeeeeet triple-head LCD monitor computers for all the future stock brokers. One of my roommates brought me down there - they needed a mop for the drool :--)

Gordon

15. Felix

Felix What's a Dremel?

holy are-you-kidding me? how much space does that take up? also, are you using one video card with three outs, or three cards, or one with two and another one... what?

16. linear

linear Minimodder

I used to run 3-head at work. I had 3 cheapass S3 cards, and 3 17" MAG monitors. Effective desktop 3840x1024. It was sweet to have simultaneous full-screen windows for Photoshop, Ultraedit and a browser.

17. Felix

Felix What's a Dremel?

so was that 1 AGP and the other two PCI? orrr did you have some crazy mobo action going on? (3 AGP slots)

:eek: :eek: oh man i've gotta get myself some of these...

18. linear

linear Minimodder

No, they were all PCI. Cheap $30 cards, 4MB S3 Virge as I recall.

Windoze lets you mingle AGP and PCI cards into one desktop, but you're limited to the AGP card being the primary (not a bad thing, just something to remember).

It sure impressed the people who came by my cube to visit. My standard response was "I have three times as much work to do...."

19. vivid

vivid down in fraggle rock

NNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!

although i will probably never have :(