1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows OMG

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by DragunovHUN, 3 Sep 2010.

1. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

if Duke says "after 14 years, it better be good!" then i believe it.

ps: check one of the trailer, yes he did say it. f**k yeah.

2. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

German engineering Ja.

3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

where did you see this?

4. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

There's no pleasing some people :p

5. October

October Mariachi Style

Steam is neither awful nor online-only :thumb:

6. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I'm getting closer and closer to the point where I'll physically rip apart anybody who complains about Steam being 'bloated' or 'buggy' or 'terrible software'. It ran without a hitch on my X1900XT rig. If it's a bloaty burden on your system, your system just sucks balls.

7. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

It is online only for certain games. It also is a massive bitch if the offline mode breaks 1 day into being away from the internet and you can't play the any of the 30 or so single player games you legitimately own. In terms of being bloated, my system itself can handle it fine, but get your internet capped to 64k and enjoy the logon failing 9/10 times. It's pretty much unusable for non broadband/capped users, even if they only want single player, and it never used to be.

Steam has done more for PC gaming than anything else in recent memory and its goods definitely outweigh its bads, but it isn't perfect. While for me the increasing prevalence of the internet means that the problems I have with it will soon cease to exist, the fact that others do have problems with it should not be dismissed (although I'll admit they usually present them in a manner that does make you want to tear them apart).

8. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Kotaku mentioned it in their coverage of PAX.

Source.

9. October

October Mariachi Style

It's only online-only for games that require it regardless of Steam, Assassins Creed 2 etc. Or a multiplayer game, which I assume you're not talking about.

Login failures would indeed be annoying. I admit I was a tad pissed off when I had forgotten to get it to save my password and then our internet went offline for over a week, but that was my own fault.

+1 about the hard to run complaints - it runs fine on my five year old, 1.5Ghz Celeron equipped laptop.

10. Snaek

Snaek What's a Dremel?

Weird... last night I had a dream Gearbox went under and DNF went back into limbo.

11. Mongwopman

Mongwopman King Ding-a-ling!

You just cant keep a Duke down! I for 1 am super stoked that Duke is making a re-appearance. My only gripe I have is that the original games (1 + 2) Duke actually had a nemesis (Dr. Proton)

Why is he still batteling the same aliens seen in Duke 3D? I think this could possibly be one of the negatives around DNF. Hopefully though.....Im wrong!