1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bits On Our Desk - 18

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 17 Jul 2009.

1. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Has anyone ever just tried getting a good pair of regular in-ears and then using a separate mic?

Much more comfortable.

2. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

One month here, and it's still getting more useful and fun to use by the day!

3. DLoney

DLoney What's a Dremel?

4. dmv915

dmv915 What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the the write up on the hdhomerun. I was planning to get a tuner card but now that I've seen this I'm totally hooked. Hopefully it'll work well over wireless G.

5. KayDat

KayDat What's a Dremel?

QFT! These are totally not in-ear. In-ear phones (or canalphones) haven't really been popular with mass public since fairly recently. While there are two categories of headphones, according to wiki (yeah I know it's wiki, but w/e), they aren't organised as you would think.

Earcup headphones
    Circumaural (fully covers ears, with a seal around the head)
    Supra-aural (just sits on top of your outer ears)
    Earbuds​
    In-ear headphones
    Canalphones​

So technically, earphones fall under the earcup headphone category.

6. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

my GOD i love that HDHomeRun Dual dodar!

Might have to get at least one of them and stuff it next to the server in the basement. I wonder if it can be hacked as well :p My old USB DVB-T i used at uni had the interesting ability to watch the pr0n channel in linux as it was broadcast unencrypted but on a different PID than the pace holder! (it was the Red Hot channel... not really worth it but it was fun none the less when i was at uni 2 year ago)

EDIT:: it was Television X incidently after having a hunt arround the tubes.

Last edited: 20 Jul 2009
  7. B3CK

B3CK Minimodder

The speakers interested me the most, as while having a pool, and entertaining friends and relatives during summer months is a must, decent music is good to have. While I do have a set of proper speakers on my patio attached to the house, the pool is far enough away that either my neighbors get to listen to my choice of music, or can't be heard by the people in the pool. I have been looking for a set of outdoor speakers for the pool, that I don't have to bring in whenever it decides to rain outside. With the other items sitting poolside, an extra set of items to bring in out of the rain, or that are too light and suffer from high wind gusts, I don't want to be moving even more items.

Tags: Add Tags