1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards onboard lan bad? (fixed)

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by morris8809, 20 Jan 2009.

1. morris8809

morris8809 Minimodder

Sunday at around 2:30 my main rigs internet stopped working. I have tried my network config in every possible way. Straight to cable modem, nothing. I keep pulling ippipa (sp) address aka 169.254....

I have plugged it up to 2 other routers and network switches as well. Still no ip address. So I decided to try my other pcs (dell laptops wired) and they both work fine, ones on vista and one has xp. I have disabled and reinabled in bios, in windows everything, reset the tcp/ip stack (netsh).

I decided to try different cables so i tried 4 cat5e and a cat6 of which none fixed the problem. So only thing left to do was reinstall the adapter. In which i did and still doesnt work so i reformatted my pc as well. Still nothing :wallbash:. So at this time im left thinking either my pc just hates me or my onboard lan is bad. Any other suggestions? thanks

Last edited: 20 Jan 2009
  2. morris8809

morris8809 Minimodder

issue resolved, looks like some bad drivers were installed, used driver sweeper and installed correct drivers. Thanks