1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding once again, LCDs

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Luda, 10 Dec 2002.

1. Luda

Luda What's a Dremel?

well after searching thru my house for LCDs to use as a parallel ive come to find nothing. So i decided i wud buy the best, inexpensive one i can find. so heres what im asking:
    What kind of LCDs are used for
    -winamp and other prog plugings [scrolling name and bass meter or w.e it called]
    -inexpensive
    -pretty :)
    -show other things like messages comp up time, memory used etc
    -i can hook up thru USB or parallel..

i looked over at matrixorbital and they had big prices..

if not where to buy maybe info on what kind of LCD it needs to be to cover these things above THANX!~
    Luda

2. Phire

Phire Performance-PCs.com

3. Digitalblueshift

Digitalblueshift What's a Dremel?

pretty well any LCD/VFD display con do those things, Its called a graphic ... actually i dont know what it is called.

look around in article discussion for noritake - I think cheese reviewed one recently, and MO's are always good, but yeah a bit pricey - although ocassionally they have deals to bit-tech people.

*AHEM* its christmas you peeps, some relief for the inadequatley funded would be appreciated.

A VFD activley emits light, is clearer and can be seen at wider angles, an LCD uses reflected light/transmitted light(backlight) and has a relativley narrow viewing angle. You can usually make an LCD any colour in the rainbow, but VFD's I always find have a greenish tint to them...

4. Transic

Transic What's a Dremel?

5. GT3_GOD

GT3_GOD What's a Dremel?

any dirt cheap Uk sites I can buy some ones off to mess about with, as I dont really want to go modding my matrix orbital that Ill get for christmas :rolleyes: