1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding One afternoon + Maplins + SBC

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Deep-Blue, 30 Jun 2005.

1. Deep-Blue

Deep-Blue Part-time Overclocker

Okay guys, i wanted to see what you guys thought of this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

No, i know, it really doesnt speak for itself.

Its a Pentium III based SBC (Single Board Computer), 512Mb ram, 68gb of hdd and 3 nics.

I was fed up of running it out of a cardboard box, so i went for somehting a little more...special.

After reading all the 'maplins boxes' mods, i figured id go with something like that, but with a more unusual size/shape.

As you can see, with the main lid on, there are still large gaps on either sides. I intend to purchase some metal grill this week, and sort those holes for good.

Please feel free to give your thoughts and ideas!

2. watch out shuttle . . .

seriously, that looks pretty good needs some touching up though

3. shroom

shroom What's a Dremel?

If you could make te front face out of one piece instead of two, thatd be cool.

Good job.

4. tsa cain

tsa cain What's a Dremel?

agreed
    but, otherwise it looks really nice. :rock:

5. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Well, the first thing I would do is add some mesh to the sides and cut out the stuff needed to ventilate the sucker. Next, I would bolt on the PSU, and modify it a bit so that all those unsightly wires can be embedded inside the case.

Ultimately, all this sucker needs is a bit of refinement; youve got a good idea going :thumb:

6. Modular

Modular What's a Dremel?

I like it ... Nice One,
    There does look like room for you to put the psu inside the case just behind the Hd ... if you fold up the cable's ... it might fit looking at the picture,
    By the way ... Do you have 2 hd's on top of each other ... you said " 64 gb of hd's, "
    And that hd look's quite thick?,
    The other way i thought you could do is to move the Motherboard closer to the front ... That way it look's like you could move the hd to the back ...
    By turning the hd 90 degree's then on it's side, then screwing it to the back in the inside ... Basically bolted to the bottom of the psu which is bolted to the back of the box, You would need to dremel out the layer that seperate's the Two box's, that way you could have room for a dvd etc .... By moving the motherboard closer to the front allow's more room at the back for the hd .... By the way ... how did you polish your hd ... Nice, ;) ,