1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One for the girls: how do you comb your hair?

Discussion in 'General' started by relix, 18 Jun 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. relix

relix Minimodder

No, seriously, how can you comb your hair every day? I mean, it hurst like hell! Really! I get even more respect for women (with long hair) just because you have to endure this every day. Dude, damn it hurts...

*me continues combing his hair screaming at ever stroke of the brush*

2. penski

penski BodMod

Hold your hair just above the roots...that way it doesn't pull on the roots.

My hair's about 1.5" too short to allow it all to be tied back...I still end up with my fringe hanging free.

When it was shorter, I could get away with washing it every other or even every third day...now it needs done every day *Shakes fist*

*n

3. relix

relix Minimodder

every day? my god, I only wash it twice a week!

4. penski

penski BodMod

you stinky little moo :p

If I could tie my hair back, I could get away with everyother day...

*n

5. quack

quack Minimodder

How long is your hair relix? My brother's is now halfway down his back.

6. Stew

Stew Disgruntled Postal Worker

and thats why you have Tats.

7. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

What penski said is right, it stops it hurting. Also remember the golden rule:

Only COMB wet hair. Only BRUSH dry hair.

When I say comb, I mean of the thick-toothed variety, the thin ones are too harsh on long hair.

Trust me, the things I've been doing to my hair for well over a decade and it's still in good condition. :)

Last edited: 22 Jun 2003
  8. :: vic ::

:: vic :: Married to the Mod

Well my hairs about the same length as Penski's at the mo. I wash it every 2-3 days.

Brushing really depends on the type of hair you have rather than length. Mines very straight and quite fine but there's a lot of it so it doesn't look too thin.

I can wake up in the morning and just run my hands through it and it looks fine, no knots, no tangles, no nothing. I'm glad really because I'm quite a low maintenance kind of girl and couldn't be bothered if it took ages to style my hair.

9. penski

penski BodMod

You can get away with leaving your fringe just hanging there though :p

Also, wind = evil.

*n

10. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Yeah, you're quite right, it is more the type of hair. I remembered that relix has quite thick hair though, so combing with a fine comb wouldn't be a good idea. Those combs with the big over-arching teeth are the best.

Even though my hair is thin, because of the amount of bleaching and dying it's gone through, if I don't completely smother it in conditioner, getting a comb through it is not nice. However, lots of conditioner and I'm very much like Vic, just run my fingers through it and it looks like it's brushed.

"Styling" my hair in the mornings is either running out to catch my lift still dragging a hair brush through it or realising I should have washed it the night before and so tying it back. ;)

11. Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto xBurningMikex

I brush my hair every morning before running to school and just about every day after I get home, and maybe one more time before bed. I do it more as a habit, or just because my hair is extremely poofy on top for some reason..like some parts just randomy stick up for no reason...even though my hair is past my chin...

oh and I wash it EVERY MORNING

12. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

:eyebrow:

Wash my hair every day, brush it every day, shower every day, brush teeth 2x a day... even when it was real long i did that... what's the big deal???

13. relix

relix Minimodder

okay, I need a definition of to comb and to brush :hehe:

I don't use conditioner either, I just use what my sister uses :lol:

My hair is pretty long now, it's like 5cm under my chin, it touches my shoulders already :clap: .

Oh, and how do you know when you need to go to a barber?

I'll try and fetch my digicam and post pics of the brushes/combs I have, then you can tell me what to use ;)

14. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

:jawdrop: i can't deal with my hair NOT being washed every day, it drives me insane

/me shudders

Very true Penski, unfortunately i live in the windiest part of this town as well; walk outside, come back inside, brush hair <- :waah:

15. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

Coo..ooommmbbb???

I never comb my hair... Its pretty short though (about a 1-1,5inch)

I only WASH my hair ounce a week.. I wash it with just wather daily though (while showering) ,but just one time in a week with soap...

but then again, I have short hair, so this probebly a thread for me to post in;... :worried:

16. bard

bard Modding isn't what it used to be

*takes out ruler and measures* (awww.. that sounded kinky)
    my hair is about 6 cm long, and I wash it and comb it every day. I didn't know combing was supposed to hurt. Maybe I'm doing it wrong? :eyebrow:

17. Bit-widow

Bit-widow What's a Dremel?

I used to have really long hair, in fact i used to have really thick hair as in the kind that is about 3 inches thick when you tie it in a band. Now its pretty short, just above shoulders and thin :waah: :waah: I miss my nice thick hair you can't do anythign with it like this.
    I wash my hair every day although today i really couldn't be bothered! going to die it again soon, went red head a few week ago and b/f liked it more than he likes blonde:eeek: :eeek: :eeek:

18. Reflex

Reflex What's a Dremel?

plenty conditioner and a thick toothed comb :)
    my hairs down to the small of my back atm, gets washed every other day :D

19. Sp!

Sp! Minimodder

I haven't brushed or combed my hair in 18 months!!!! God bless dreadlocks!!!

(I want a raster smilie!!!!)

I wash them about once a week, or after a night's clubbing/gig other sweaty places.

20. Emzay

Emzay "He's doing a poo!"

relix ya big *****!:p

If ya hair wasn't so tangled you wouldn't have the pain ;) lol

You get used to it hurting a bit I guess, well.. you do when you've had long hair for 16 years lol :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.