1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Online Gaming and ISP

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by 1-0-1, 21 Oct 2011.

1. 1-0-1

1-0-1 Nothing interesting to put here.

So our ISP has recently acknowledged that the gaming community in our country has different needs when it comes to connectivity than your average subscriber. Although there are a whole host of other issues contributing to the decline of stable Internet connection in my country. What they are running now, and this is where I would love to get some feedback from forum members, is a trial on a gaming ADSL connection. So far the only information us testers have is the that the connection is throttled down to 256kbps and gets a fixed IP. Other than that they said they did some optimization but I cannot see any of that happening.

Does anybody know of a ISP that has successfully implemented ADSL services for online gaming specifically and what is your experience compared to the normal ADSL.

2. reggie50

reggie50 Minimodder

Gaming connections don't really need anything more than low latency to the servers. It also helps if they are a decent speed.

Multiplay offered their own service through one of the other networks here in the UK, it had fewer hops to Multiplay servers. I don't know what the users experience was like though.