1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Only 1 GPU detected on 9800 GX2

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Isitari, 26 Sep 2009.

1. Isitari

Isitari Minimodder

My OS, GPU-Z and various graphic card overclocking utilities are only detecting 1 GPU.

What could be causing the problem? I've tried changing drivers but that hasn't helped.

Is half the card dead? :wallbash:

Do I need to RTM it?

Any help would be much appreciated.
    :)

2. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

if your on win 7.. might have to wait until next month's official release of the os- it was pretty much exactly like this on the release of vista.. nothing worked right for quite awhile and then they took the guy who made ntune and hung him out back- things got better.. I don't want to say nvidia is dragging their feet because the fanboys attack- but they are dragging their feet again XD

3. bigsharn

bigsharn Officially demotivated

I think the best idea would be to run the drivers in compatibility mode, just while an official Window 7 driver is found

4. MorpheusUK

MorpheusUK a Noob that knows something

Hi, just a thought I read somewhere, check that dual display isn't enabled and that sli is enabled. It may be something crazy like that. Also ensure the correct power connects are used for the GFX card and Mobo as some PSU's have an 8 pin connection for ta GFX card and the other for Mobo.

5. Isitari

Isitari Minimodder

Thanks for the all the suggestions guys :).

Tried them all but seems to be a total hardware failure. There are lights on the back of the card that show if the GPUs are working and one of them has gone blue. Also the lights are still green for the 8 and 6 pin power connections.

Much appreciated.

Isitari.