1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Only 100,000 PS3's for Japan Launch

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 11 Nov 2006.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Didn't you guys announce there would only be 80k units for Japan.

And I've been forced to agree with Ryan, I looked at some Wii in game screenshots and they look like 1st year work at our uni.

3. Tim S

Tim S OG

Sony appears to have changed its mind, or pulled another 20k units out of its arse. ;)

4. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Microsoft didnt make/ship enough 360's, looks like Sony wanted to copy MS :D

Sam

5. DougEdey

Nah, Sonys arse is too tight for that. Musta come from somewhere else.

6. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

OMFG, the premium version in Japan costs the equivalent of £270!!! We are getting royaly screwed over with this one.

People from the UK actually flew over to Japan to buy one of those things, thats just insane.

7. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

stil cheaper including the flight ill bet lol :wallbash: bloody country.. glad im not stupid enough to want one straight away

8. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

270...damn thats a chuffin bargain.

9. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Fist PS3 went to a Chinese guy lol. Bet its ripped apart in some underground facilty back in China to pirate its games. I was suprised when I was in China last year and they were selling pirate UMD's. They copied them quick.

Video of the launch can be seen here on Digital World Tokyo Hear the pig squeal as there is fight to get in the shop lol.

10. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

OMG they are selling on Ebay and bid is already at £1550.00. Some people dont deserve to have money as they have no common sence or appreciate its value.

Edit: Well it was at £1550 before it ended, guy canceled his max mid of £600k lol but it still sold for £1220.00 Thats crazy. I expected it but not that high a price.

Last edited: 11 Nov 2006
  11. unrealhippie

unrealhippie What's a Dremel?

I just love this:
    Ebay, a friendly extortion agency.

12. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

lol, what good is a Japanese recipt? I think Sony should sue the shirts off people who eBay the PS3 in the UK :p

13. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

and the people that buy it.

14. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

no "discuss" link on the news page im afriad.

15. Mr T

Mr T 4 Left Into Long 3 Right

Come on someone rip one apart and show us the guts :)

16. plug_in_ross

plug_in_ross What's a Dremel?

Check out the picture of the receipt. Since when was the PS3, 60GHZ?

17. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

A few days?? By the sound of it anybody that didn't sell out in the first seconds was closed that day.

Seconded - but then again, If I had a Billion $ (and a desire to own a PS3 - which I don't) I'd pay some shmuck $1000 just to stand in line and never notice the loss.

18. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

I don't understand all of the negative press surrounding Sony. First they pull back 20k units from the Japan launch and everyone (including Bit) jump down their throats for it. Then, on launch day Sony manages to pull out the original number of 100k, 20k more than everyone thought, and I see a news article "Sony ONLY launches 100k units in Japan." In the article, not even a mention of how Sony actually exceeded launch expectations. Just more Sony bashing. I like Bit-Tech, but this bias is getting ridiculous. Are you all just pissed off from decades of getting screwed by the Videogame industry? Seriously, I can't remember one positive PS3 article on this website, and even if someone does dig one up that doesn't have a completely negative outlook, there's always the sentence or two of Sony bashing squeezed in there somewhere.

19. DougEdey

Considering that Sony are Smug arrogant barstards who say that humans are lucky to be allowed such an awesome slice of their arrogance, then they give their home territory the smallest launch shipment. I'd say that they are lucky to only be bashed a bit.

20. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

You are joking right? Sony promised more than 100k PS3's for the japanese market. Its been cutback after cutback, 100k is pathetic and to be honest im suprised they even made that. In its first week the PS2 sold 900,000 in japan alone!

Bias? Hardly, in every review i've EVER seen on bit-tech they've always backed up there opinions with hard facts, no more and no less. And as for being pissed off? If the articles are bad its only because sony have ballsed it up good and proper!

And seriously, we're hardly pissed. In recent years consoles have tried there best to be a PC, online gaming, HDD's, etc and we've got a crap load of great titles that have even been ported to consoles. Infact there is more variety and options for PC games than any other system. Not to mention we have the ability to emulate most systems out there. PC gamers have it sweet, so as for "getting screwed by the Videogame industry" your talking BS! Sony deserve nothing less than a total bashing for the poorly orchestrated mess they've dubbed the PS3!

Tags: Add Tags