1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Opera 11.50

Discussion in 'Software' started by rv88uk, 28 Jun 2011.

1. rv88uk

rv88uk What's a Dremel?

The latest version of opera was released today, so I thought I'd see who else uses this (fantastic) browser. I've been using it for about 8 years now, whilst firefox had extensions opera did everything I needed it to do (and probably more) out of the box. Mouse gestures was the big thing, ones you use them you'll never go back. The innovation seems to have slowed a little recently, although with extension support you can at least select 3rd party addons to add additional functionality.

2. Podge4

Podge4 Oi, whats your game?

i use it all the time and have done for years, love it. it always seems quick, safe and real easy to use.

3. anotherusername

anotherusername What's a Dremel?

I've used Opera for as long as I can remember being online. One of the versions a while back (can't remember which one now...) seemed to be a major step back, introducing loads of bugs, breaking several major websites etc. I used to find it really annoying how other browsers would copy features from Opera and then those get the credit for them, but it seems recently Opera has been playing a fair amount of catch-up (with the exception of speed dial related stuff).

4. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

I like to use opera, not just because it's pretty, but because it's very stable for me, and it can instantly save web pages direct from the cache.
    This is a very nice feature when on a slow/bad mobile connection.

5. Zener Diode

Zener Diode User Title

I use it. It is brilliant. I've never really gotten a good reason from someone to use a different one.

I use the built in mail client and rss feed reader.

It's got turbo which helps compress data when on a download limit broadband plan.

It's got Opera unite, which admittedly I don't use but it allows you to set up your pc as a server and even host a website from it I believe.

It's got the so called dragonfly built in for web developers.

It's got plugins on demand option and other sorts of content blockers/filters that are pretty nice.

You can even have it identify itself as FF, so you can use features that Google withheld from Opera, for example.

It has everything any other browser has that I've ever needed. And the download is only like 7 or 8MB last time I remember downloading it.

6. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Yup, I used to use IE for many years because it was familiar, then I tried FF as all the fanbois raved about it but I couldn't get on with it. Then I tried Opera and fell in love instantly- it's very fast and the latest version is perfectly stable, got to love Speed Dial which IE9 tried to copy but did a p!ss poor job of it.

7. Virt

Virt What's a Dremel?

I love using Opera. I think it's a fantastic browser :)

I jumped off of the Firefox bandwagon when I was curious to see what other alternatives there were, and I've not looked back since.

The only issue I have with Opera is that it doesn't like our proxy at work :waah: So sometimes images, boxes, templates etc. don't load correctly :D