1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Operation Flashpoint 2/Armed Assault

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Krieger91, 23 Nov 2006.

1. Krieger91

Krieger91 What's a Dremel?

This has been released in czech and some European countries, but not the US. It looks like a really great Military Sim. Any ideas when it will be out? I just found out about it a few days ago.

http://www.armedassault.com/

2. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Eh, it got a new name?

In any case, I loved the first game and its expansion packs. So when I heard about a sequel I couldn't be more excited. Then less and less news came about it... so I guess I forgot about it... and now it's released? :hehe:

3. Krieger91

Krieger91 What's a Dremel?

Not over here :/

4. Rich_13

Rich_13 What's a Dremel?

The devs and codemasters seperated hence the new name. Been waiting for this since it was announced (thats a dam long time) lol

5. Hovis

Hovis What's a Dremel?

Think they are still localising it for English speakers. Word from a friend of mine with the beta is that it still has some of the old issues from OFP like iffy physics and so forth, but the other improvements are massive. The big bugbear of the original though was the crap multiplayer set up. If they've got the game browser and such like sorted out this time this is going to be another massive classic. Particularly if the modding community from the original game is still around, there were gigabytes of addons for the last one most of which were better made than the original units.

6. Ab$olut

Ab$olut What's a Dremel?

QFT

This is what bf2 what should of been but never will be can't wait to play it :clap: :rock: and im glad they have ditched using gamespy for a browser! :D

7. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Oh yes. Sweet. If this is even half as good as the original I'm going to be on it until summer...

8. PA!N

PA!N What's a Dremel?

I've played ArAs and its a nice challengine game with a few glitches.
    First of all its pretty hard to get into, it takes you a bit to know what, where and how to do stuff due to its complxety. I dont see this as a conventional game for entertainment purposes but much more as a highly complex war (training-)simulator.
    It focuses mostly on tactics than on great gameplay and story aspects. To me this game is't exactley "fun" but it challenges you and that makes it interesting.

Tags: