1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows *Operation Flashpoint* (Problem)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Fowler, 12 Dec 2002.

1. Fowler

Fowler mmm Cosworth

Hoping someone can help me here, I recently bought this game under the game of the year edition. Upon installing it when it got to the end of the instalation it said "An error occured during setup, this program may not function properly"

Then just to exepriment I went to programs listing under the start menu, thats in Win XP bye the way. The directory is there and all the otpions for the game you can actually click on but....

Instead of their being the usual game icon, when u click it attempts to search for a .exe file, and guess what it doesnt find it!!

Im guessing the instalation is messing up and not installing the .exe files, im lost as what to do next. ive attempted it more than once and every time I get the same result!!

Any help would be appreciated..............

:waah:

2. PQuiff

PQuiff What's a Dremel?

This happend to me... I cant remeber how i fixed it, I think it involved me doing the following

Clearing a bit more space on my op sys drive, and then installing it operation flash to a difrent directory...Persivere its a bloody good game. Ive got all the addons and the resistance one is the bomb

3. Fowler

Fowler mmm Cosworth

cool if anyone remembers exactly then tell me cos Im dying to play it - would make my xmas! Il mess about with it untill I c a reply, PLZ PLZ help!

:waah:

4. PQuiff

PQuiff What's a Dremel?

Hows this for prompt,

Try what i said, making sure that youve got a good bit of space left on your operating system drive and your games drive, Im sure thats how i fixed it.

Then re-install, BTW if you get the patch going it TAKES ages to install them so be patient, it looks like it crashed but its just takes a while

5. Fowler

Fowler mmm Cosworth

I presuming u mean ur hard drive yes?
    Il try a different directory when I get home tonite (at college now)
    Should have enough space on my HDD thogh as its 40GB.
    Do I need the patch? I havnt got it as I couldnt install the game full stop! If I get the game workin il get the patch.#

Is it any good online?

6. Fowler

Fowler mmm Cosworth

ok DONE IT, WOOTAGE! WOOT WOOT, all I did was change the specified directory to my C drive! I dont think it had anything to do with freeing up space as i had 20GB although I unistalled UT2003 anyway! Thanx for ur help.

Tags: