1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinions on KVM

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by biff, 10 Feb 2005.

1. biff

biff What's a Dremel?

I'm thinking on picking up this KVM. I dont really need 4 ports, but it seems like a good unit for the price. Anyone have any opinions for or against this KVM?

2. felix the cat

felix the cat Spaceman Spiff

looks pretty good, never heard of the company tbh though...

if you run a very high resolution monitor it might be advicable to look at the Belkin Soho series KVM switches as they do not induce (bad word maybe) ghosting/or faintness at high resolutions...

3. padrejones2001

padrejones2001 Puppy Love

They're a parent company of Aten. Pretty bulletprof KVM, I've got a few from them. No ghosting, or resolution problems. Doesn't get much better.

4. Mada

Mada Minimodder

I need a KVM but the loss of quality by using VGA instead of DVI puts me off. Anyway around this?

5. Derelict

Derelict What's a Dremel?

I have that IOGEAR KVM, it's fantastic. Go with that one, can't go wrong. :rock:

6. arrowswake

arrowswake What's a Dremel?

Belkin sells some that use DVI. I haven't used this one in particular, but I've used other KVM's in this series, and they're good. Expensive, but I don't know of other DVI KVM's off the top of my head.

Linky to Belkin's DVI KVM.

7. gamesaregood

gamesaregood Minimodder

I have also not heard of this KVM before but it does look good. I have used a few KVMs and have not had any problems with them. I have a Linksys 2 port on at home which is very good.