Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Hukkel, 25 Jul 2013.
Brain currently melting out of ears... Too much awesome to comprehend.
Holy something. Talk about forgetting to reply to peoples nice comments.
I don't know what it means. But I am guess it is possitive
This build will have a bright UV green fluid eventually. For the first time I want UV in my build. I think the manu tubes and pipes will make it work really well
Nah man I showed that waterblock earlier. Those are being replaced by a waterblock made by Modwithme. I just can't find the right length m3 screws to fit them xD
Thank you sir
hahaha I will think about it
Thank you Colossous!
Quick someone grab a cup!
Thanks a lot man.
Sorry guys no update yet. A big piece of plexi should be in very soon for me to make some mock ups for the inside to fit the reservoirs and SSD etc. Also waiting on some EKWB stuff to arrive. But don't worry I am still owkring on this.
Hukkel - yeah sorry mate didn't notice the SB blocks until it was too late.
I hope you get the GPUs this deserves.
I keep thinking the same when I take the cust blanket off to work on it.
haha np man.
I hope so as well. But first lets get these 4 CPUs to crunch some numbers.
I had some work done today.
I received the plexi plate 100 cm * 50 cm * 4mm.
Time to measure, draw some panels, saw them out and create a mock up piece.
With the foil still on both sides it's easy to saw them. When they are off the saw line melts instantly. Odd stuff.
I have created a flat panel for the rear.
A bent plate for over the PSU all the way up to the floor. I want to have room in between for wiring and tubing. Trying to make it look as clean as possible. The side will be closed on the real version.
The front will have holes for the motherboard wiring. I will sleeve them and make them come out there.
Then I created another bent piece where I could mount the reservoirs on. I have created a 45 degree one so with the correct fittings I can make 2 straight lines down to the pumps and 4 lines straight up for the routing to and from the waterblocks.
I have to say the bending was quite doable.
I still need to figure some things out but that is what this moment is perfect for. I have the mock up. I can draw and drill and saw and especially measure.
And when I have what I want I can make the panels for the final setup with everything in place.
I am still thinking of where to place the SSD. I might try and place it under somewhere. Or against the rear panel.
What do you guys think?
Whoah. This is incredible. There's simply not enough WC gear though
lmao I was just going to post a thread "Any way of bending acrylic without a specialised bender" when I saw this. I've got a work bench too
What size is that PSU? Does it come as default with the case or did you buy one?
Is that a total of 32 cores (64 threads?) oh my lol....
Nah, it's just 64 cores
Wow Hukkel that is some serious build, really like the acrylic covers, nice work.
I could do some serious science with a machine like this. Slightly envious.
I agree! Many fittings and tubing to put in there.
hahaha GHETTO STYLE
The case comes with the PSUs as far as I know. And they are HUGE.
I will take a picture of them. There is room for 3. They are slide in ones. You change them within seconds. Very low downtime for servers.
Indeed. But Intel and AMD followers have different views about them. AMD says 16 cores per CPU. Intel followers would say they're like hyperthreading and they are bundles in paires of two. I am going for the 64 cores myself
Woohoo it's the Craigster. Welcome man. And thank you very much!
That is what this machine is for. Science
I have done many small things to the case that aren't really worth mentioning.
And I ran out of metal saws, black spraypaint and Dremel cutting blades
So I have to get them this week.
But I did get to fiddle with the fans and test them a bit.
Here is a picture of it
wow green HUlk! that size looks stunning!
HULK ANGRY, HULK FOLD!!!
Alright. Finally have some time to post the progress of the past few days.
I have been really busy, even though it might not look like that in the photos
So I took out two pieces of rosters from a case. The rear grill had quite different shapes to it. Plus I took out part of the PSU front grill. I needed to make some room for the sleeving before I paint the inside of the case black.
As you can see I painted some internal loose parts to begin with.
I created a top plexi piece. It will create a much more clean looking top and will also give me some options regarding graphics.
Ordered two pieces of square long 12mm aluminum to later on fit all the acrylic together and make it sturdy for transport.
I then created a few openings in the PSU plexi front so I can put wiring through it with sleeving eventually. I will need to create a few horizontal openings above it for hot air leaving the PSUs. I will need to make those before I paint the plexi black.
After this I created a small roster for under the plexi PSU cover so it will stay level and sturdy also when I fit more stuff to it like the reservoir mounting and the coolant inside of it.
I then created a second plexi piece for under the backside panel. It actually has a function but I will talk about that later.
After this I bent a corner in the top left of the covering rear panel. Actually I FOLDED the corner (CWUTIDIDTHAR )
This way it will show a piece of what is under there (the second piece of acrylic).
After this did a final mockup seeing if everything fits.
Here are the photos of the work of the last few days.
Making big progress with this, That case is HUGE... I'm guessing that it's still a tight squeeze getting all the "bits" in though
Separate names with a comma.