1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress OPTERON PRIME - Supermicro 4P folding mayham - folding numbers

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Hukkel, 25 Jul 2013.

1. skyrip

skyrip What's a Dremel?

that is a shame of that sticker, maybe paint the panel and engrave the logo on it like you were planning before.

2. humanityBG

humanityBG King of Hell.

Looking mighty good man! Can't wait to see how this unfolds.... lol.... :F

And congrats on the MotM! Definitely deserve it!

3. B NEGATIVE

B NEGATIVE All Hail Kim Jong Magoo!

fap.......fap.......fap......fap......

fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap..........

4. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Hang in there man, the best is yet to come and it is coming SOON :clap:

The sticker is going to work, one way or another :D

Thank you very much Des :thumb:

ICWUTUDIDTHARBUDDY ;)

:D :lol: :baby:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After another wait for a shop to deliver something I went to another shop and ordered a sheet of green UV plexiglass.
    I figured since I was going to use UV light anyway this might work with the sticker as well. Contrary to the backlight idea :doh:

SUCCES!!!

It is a tad yellowish, but we'll see how it will look with the UV green fluids in there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This single piece was the holdup for the remainder of the top build.
    Now this sheet was installed with the logo (and working like a true folded edge where the logo comes from) I could install the next layer with the fold itself over it.
    Next up the PSU cover and sleeving the cables coming from it.

This was a big pain in the butt. This was all designed to work without covers and sleeving etc so the wiring was short.
    I had to sleeve through the vents of the PSU cover.

I only need 3 8 pin EPS cnnectors but thought it was a waste to completely cut off the other 3 so sleeved them as well. I will hide them a bit behind the midplate that you wiil see in action soon.
    Here are the cables.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I then installed the motherboard loadout to see if it still fits and determine how the 24 pin cable has to run.
    I will make an extension cable for it. There was just no room for the other ones.
    Look how close the connectors are to the PSU cover.
    I fear getting them out again will result in a tearing apart my psu cover.
    Everything is in right on the mm left, right and top.
    So it stays there LOL. No more getting it out.

[​IMG]

Next up; making the 24 pin extension and fitting it, sleeving and handling the molex cables, making a molex to sata power cable for the SSD, making the holes and the extension for the molex cable to the top section, making an SSD coverplate in Seagate style.

I can do so much now. Looking forward to this week.

Last edited: 3 Sep 2014
  5. skyrip

skyrip What's a Dremel?

did you exchange the white oring cord? since i made the block for a sponge cord and if you use it with hard cord it might not be pressure tight.

6. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

No the exact same cord is still in the waterblock. I haven't touched a single screw.
    Maybe the flash makes it look more dark, but I haven't replaced it.

7. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

I didn't feel like sleeving today so had a go at the left side of the loop this evening. I am happy with two connections, unhappy with 1 and not sure on the last one.

Here are some pictures. I am defenitely changing the wide bow to the left. It just doesn't suit this build and its other connections.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. SXRguyinMA

SXRguyinMA What's a Dremel?

I had something similar done but with black paint over the acrylic than laser etched and cut - came out nice :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

That are some seriously good looking grills there man :)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Alright I had another try in the meantime. Tried with a bend acrylic tube this time. I have to say it looks better that before. I am not sure about it yet.
    I am just not sure. I NEED the tubes to end in the top holes or the top piping will be messed up. The new solution is better. But not perfect. Maybe it is easier to see once there is coolant in these pipes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last 2 evenings I have been working on the 24 pin. The standard 24 pin cable would have been a mess to sleeve and make work so I chose to go this route. It won't be easy fitting this inside the PSU cover. But I made it extra long so I could try and make a large bend and make it work. I hope you guys like the colour combination.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PS forgive my constant "meh" quality photos. My camera is giving up on me, won't focus half of the time. *sigh*

10. hero1

hero1 Minimodder

Nice sleeving job.

11. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Thank you very much.

12. Meelobee

Meelobee What's a Dremel?

Nooooo dont use bend tubes... :p

Looks good though :) Is it Teleios sleeving? The colour combo looks very good!

13. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Thanks for the kind words Meelobee :clap:
    Nope all still MDPC-X. So many colours to mix and match.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did a lot of work since the last update.

First a short molex to sata cable with a dummy 5th wire.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the idea. They will come from behind the reservoir stand.

[​IMG]

I tried to make some photos of the fitting of the 24 pin extension. it is just sooo small and tight. Not easy, especially in the evening with bad light.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then went on to shorten and sleeve the molex cables as well.
    One had like multiple connectors I didn't need.
    So ended up with 3 cables: a double going up, a double going down and a completely stripped one that only had one left that went down (into the pedestal).
    All sleeved black.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next up the "Viking hat" LOL

All fittings are fitted. Ready to put the hoses on.
    I put a sticker on all hoses to know what they are for. Otherwise it might end up being an extremely short loop :wallbash:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am currently working on the pedestal. Fitting the AQ6 to the flowmeters, making fan extensions to fit to the AQ6 as well. After that is done....placing the case onto the pedestal. :jawdrop:

14. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Coming along nicely.:D

15. Phame

Phame COOOOFFFFEEEEE

Would look sick with some un-named waterblock brand on there instead.
    Other then that is 'alright'!

16. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

[​IMG]

Looking great!

17. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Thanks man, want to do so much right now. Want to do update after update but apparently I also have to devote time to my work, my wife and kids. pssshhjjjjj :p :lol:

hahaha One day man, one day. :naughty:

hahahaha that made me laugh so hard. Thank you for that :thumb:

18. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

NP! :hehe:

Teelzebub likes this.
  19. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Time for another update. Rolled up my sleeves to get some work done.

First I create 3 fan extension cables: a single 1>4 for the Typhoons and a dual 1>2 for the Enermax green fans. Of course added them right away and tested them because I had to know if there would be fireworks. Lucky me, I actually made decent extensions :hehe:

The Typhoons spin up nice and even. That cable is ready for the Aquaero 6.

#ghettotestpsuftw

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And then... I just cannot get enough of this sight. These grills with those fans in combination. I just LOVE it. This project will look absolutely the dogs....errhmmmm "well you know what" in the dark. Imagine also seeing the inside of the case with UV lit UV green fluid everywhere.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After this I tried to mount the Aquaero 6 only to find out there was something wrong with the measurements and it was too small.....:wallbash:
    I am NOT going to remake this again. I want to fit the bloody thing already.
    So I grabbed a nice piece of UV Green plexiglass, my saw, the heatgun and my drill and came up with this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not too bad actually. Also leaves room for my hands to work in the super small area.
    After this I somehow found a way to also get the pumps with tops and brackets in there. I already wired up the flowmeters, added a few 45 degree angles afterwards and added two temp meters as well. One for each loop. Now I can monitor each loop with its own flow and coolant temps all over the Aquaero 6. Plus I can arrange the bottom fans with it as well.

Man if you held the pedestal when it was empty you would think it was enormous and rediculous. Now I filled it up and it is seriously cramped in there!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well here are the 3 pieces now. The arch in the back. The case on its side and the pedestal in front of it.
    Now comes the hardest part of the entire build. To fit those 4 hoses (which I will shorten of course DUH). Room is going to be EXTREMELY cramped. I will most probably put like 3 bars on top of the pedestal and the case on to op that. Then shorten the hoses as short as I can and see if I can fit them. Pray the blocks won't slide from between (or I will have some serious pain). And pray I will be able to actually fit the hoses to the right fittings and be able to lower the case.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Pranja

Pranja Blackwolf

It looks great. Really good work. I am looking foward to see more. :)