1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics optimum card for Virtu MVP?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rovit44, 2 Jun 2013.

1. rovit44

rovit44 What's a Dremel?

I have an i5 3570k on an Asus P8Z77-V LX with 8GB RAM
    I am thinking about adding a discrete graphics card and using the LucidLogix Virtu MVP
    I have read the on-chip HD4000 compares to a HD6450 and that using a discrete card equivalent to the on-chip would provide best effects through Virtu MVP
    Is there an optimum card, is the HD6450 or equivalent it?

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

I don't know, but I do know that a lot of people have problem with Virtu MVP. It doesn't work particularly well.

3. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

Why exactly would you want to use Virtu MVP?
    In my (limited) experience it doesn't really add extra performance and even causes problems at times (some games just refused to start up or crashed to desktop for example).

4. aramil

aramil One does not simply upgrade Forums

Depends how you use it.

MVP works well of you want to quick boot using the igpu, and still want the power of a dedicated card. So running in imode (screen connected to igpu) you can set programs to run on the dedicated card and the frames are copied ro the igpu for display.

If not don't bother as the sync part jist drops any coded 60hz for more frames and hyper just monitors for frames that will not be rendered in time and drops them. (This is where it fools benchmarks as it does not see this happen and so counts frames that are not processed or show. Ie the stupid 102 fps I can get with my gtx560ti lol)

5. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

I think you'd be better served picking up a cheap 650 ti or something along those lines.