1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Optimus keyboard seen working

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 22 Nov 2007.

1. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

I'm not a fan of Apple at all, but the power connector on those are ingenious! :thumb:

2. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

That's truly amazing!... A pitty it's truly expensive too. But it's a new technology, so it's understandable...

But Smilodon and Pegasus, what's exactly with the keyboards on the new Macs?

3. wharrad

wharrad Minimodder

I think someone brought it up on engadget or somewhere... but what happens if your computer borks... will cntrl-alt-del still work on these babies with an unresponsive computer.

Also, slightly worried about the 6,000 hour life span of OLED... Could have a comedy 'move the keys around' virus though.

Love them, want them, but someone's REALLY going to have to convince me it's worth THAT many hours at work!

4. CanadianViking

CanadianViking Beast from the North

Whoa... my planned computer is going to cost that much!

And I thought a G15 was expensive enough.

5. seanap

seanap What's a Dremel?

Amazing keyboard, remember reading an article in a Wired mag about these a few years back.. been drools since..

Some day.. some day

@ Yemerich
    http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/specs.html
    "Backlit keyboard with ambient light sensors for automatic adjustment of keyboard illumination and screen brightness"

6. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

Looking at this, and the price, i wonder why they couldn't make the normal keys, back lit with multiple color selections, and then have short cut keys that are programmable.

7. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

I would believe the keyboard part of it works just like normal, but the letters on the keys would probably be gone, or at least unresponsive. (unless it loads char. sets to the keyboard, and just give instructions on when they need to be changed, in which case they would remain unchanged.)

8. Lazarus Dark

Lazarus Dark Minimodder

It's an interesting concept, but just not practical.
    As stated, who looks at the keyboard?
    A simple, widely available and comparatively inexpensive touchscreen lcd is 100x more practical.
    We just got touchscreens for everyone at work and I can tell it has increased productivity greatly.

I just don't see any practicality for the Optimus. I could possibly see a use for a small 20 key programable version for games and photoshop, that might work. And the price would be more sensible for the use.

9. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

the "cheap" ones go for $700

10. knoj

knoj What's a Dremel?

Wouldn't it be cheaper to just put a touchscreen in your lap? You could easily develop an app to act as any keyboard/macro combo you wanted to, and for much less cash...

Keys wouldn't react the same when pressed, but would be much more customizeable.

Tags: Add Tags