1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Orac³ - Part 4

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by G-gnome, 22 Dec 2003.

1. M3NT4L

M3NT4L What's a Dremel?

It has been a Long time since an update has appeared, and I check the article section daily, just in case... I hope G is ok. Cant wait for the next update. Well done, and cant wait to see it in atomicmpc

2. D1lazarus

D1lazarus What's a Dremel?

Well this will be my first post on these forums after lurking around for the last 3 month or so and finally registering earlier this week. The Orac3 was the first project that I viewed on this website as it was linked from the BBR modders forum. I have since been eagerly awaiting the next update to this wonderful project. G-Gnome I absolutely love this project and hope that someday when I grow up into a big modder I can do something even half as well. :clap:

3. Brundlefly

Brundlefly What's a Dremel?

...income tax time in canada, so I had to drop my cable for a month, losin the net and TV is like the DT's, games get old fast... :wallbash:

...now I'm back, I took the time to read through the threads, and saw where G-gnome posted that an update will be coming soon, and that his job took him away from home, and computers. Obviously, for anyone that can read, and comprehend, the English language, this meant he also could not work on Orac, like DUH!!!... :sigh:

...after a month of going "cold turkey", I'm happy knowing an update will be coming soon. Damn, if I got "Shanghi-ed" away from my wife for a month or so, I wouldna be worried about my freakin computer, I'd be installing a "hard-drive" into me wee wifey, damn the computer, priorities gentlemen(I use the term losely), priorities... :thumb:

...looking forward to your next update G-gnome, when yur done catching up with the better half, and take yur time bud, my kidz wait for Christmas all year, and they still love it when it finally gets here... :)

4. scooby

scooby Minimodder

Hey G-gnome,

I just signed up just to say that (you must be tiered of hearing this by now) I am impressed with your project... mann that is sweet.

I do have one question. Where did you get your socket head screw from, I'm using black steel socket head screws on my case now but would like to use the ones your using... stainless right? So if you or anyone in the forum can let me know where I could get some, that would be great.

Thanks and keep impressing us all!!! :D

5. phaSe

phaSe What's a Dremel?

Try googling for either model fixings, or socket cap screw/bolt, most remote control model type shops seem to sell them.

hope that helps,

RoB

6. scooby

scooby Minimodder

Thanks phaSe, I'll try it tonight. I do have one question. I forgot the size of the screws I am using, what size should the screw be to fit through a standard fan hole? I know that it has to be at least 1-1/4" long and i thing it was 3/32 or 6/32 I could be off. Yous guys help would be great :D

Thanks

7. phaSe

phaSe What's a Dremel?

Hi Scooby,

Im pretty sure its M4 in UK sizes, in american.....im not sure im afraid.
    Id say just take a fan to a harware store and see what size bolts fit im afraid!

RoB

8. scooby

scooby Minimodder

Hey phaSe,

Thanks again for your reply. I was thinking the same thing and taking a fan to the hardware store and seeing what fits.

Thanks Bro :D

9. phaSe

phaSe What's a Dremel?

no probs dude!

it seems there are some things you cant use the internet for! :lol:

RoB

10. HumanMan42

HumanMan42 What's a Dremel?

Yeah...

Alright. Damn. i kneel before your greatness. Me and my friend have been following your progress with great excitment. We were wondering what you were going to put in this beast...then i was reading all the text...and i saw some stuff about a Pentium 4! What the hell. If you pay to get plastic chromed i would alteast home for a up to date system. Myself wouldnt go for pentium. i would stick with AMD. Why? Because they have the AMD 64! my friend has one, and i said to him "this guy will go 64, probably the fx models. HE HAD PLASTIC CHROMED!". Then i saw that. i was sad. Then i saw your doing that raid 0+1. i knew you would have to go with raid. but i was sorta hopin you would go the 10k rout. i went it. and boy oh boy, is it fun. Someone said you should go Soyo with the mobo,becuase they come in purdy colours. i said you made a good choice, cause i would stick with either Abit, or Asus. both great board makers. I dig the ram. Everything is fine with me, but the proc choice, which would change the mobo type, and so on. Well, either way man, i still kneel before you awsomeness and will continue to follow you step by step. and i hope my case will come out half as popular as yours.

11. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

Not to go offtopic too much, but Pentium 4 is not obsolete yet, and that is a prety hot system he has there still.

Don't diss something just because it's not "uber l33t" AMD, I'm personaly a big Intel fan :D

Back on topic: G-gnome, are you dead? Say something!

12. HumanMan42

yeah

im not saying that that cpu is out dated at all. not at the least. yeah, ima huge gadgit fan, and getting the best. me personaly would have gone with the amd 64, not the p4's. ive just had way better results with the amd's. from cooling, price, spead, everything. but, whatever. this is all about case modding, not the hardware inside.

13. Vochraye

Vochraye What's a Dremel?

Hope everything is ok...

Just discovered this mod a few days ago: I've shown it to everyone who will look at it. :)

Everyone agrees that it is primo.

So to the question: is he still going through with it? I'm just wondering if I missed a post somewhere. Has anyone heard anything at all from G-gnome in the last few weeks? :confused:

14. HumanMan42

well, if he is getting anything els chromed then he would have to wait for it to ge back to the us. and plus, he mods every damn square inch of that thing, and to get a good amount to post, it would take a while.

bitches

casey

15. Vochraye

True, true... :thumb:

16. MaxWiz

MaxWiz What's a Dremel?

As far as I can tell this was G-Gnomes last post! (Last edited 17th Sept).

Anyone heard anything from him since?]

Max

17. -:: M@ ::-

-:: M@ ::- Testify!

Ah but his Last Activity: 16-02-2004 23:55, so hes still around!!
    - M@

18. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

And here we are four months later as of this post... Wont be long now my ass! :hehe: No offense G-Gnome! :D I hope nothing catastrophic has happened... that seems fairly unlikely however. Due to the massive lack of updates and the word as of the time that you made the post about the upcoming release of PCI Express, LGA, and the Prescott Pentium 4s using the new socket, Im going to guess that you are waiting for these, arent you? :lol: :naughty: This is the only explanation that really makes sense unless its an emergency situation thats preventing you from modding. So what is going on? We would really appreciate an update on the situation by now, pictures or none! Have a good one all!

19. Vochraye

We miss the gnome! :waah:

He's on the BT staff, is he not? Any of the other staff heard from him lately?

20. sk8ero

sk8ero What's a Dremel?

hey wen will we see the next installment to the Orac project, its been quite some time

Tags: Add Tags