1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Orange Home Broadband Problems

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Mighty Yoshimi, 13 Dec 2011.

1. Mighty Yoshimi

Mighty Yoshimi Motormouth

Hi There.

I've been having problems with Orange Home Broadband for 3 weeks now.

I'm getting extremely slow HTTP speeds but reasonably fast FTP speeds.

With HTTP i'm lucky if a page will load at all without timing out. However if I download a file via FTP it's pretty quick at 250kb/s. We normally get about 7 meg on speed test so I guess around 800kb/s.

The internet has been fine for the last 8 years but suddenly one day these problems started. I've had 4 BT engineers out who have checked the phoneline twice and tested all other equipment in the house. 2 of the engineers performed a 'lift and shift' at the exchange with no success. What's interesting is that skype via ipad via the router works fine although drops the connection every 2-3 mins.

I've tried 4 different filters and 3 different routers. Turned dmz on, tried literally everything I can think of. I have 9 devices connected to the routers and i refuse to believe that they all went faulty at the same time, It must be something at oranges end. Any ideas?

Many Thanks

AJ

2. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

orange boadband is RUBBISH full stop.

get it dumped saying your not giving me a stable connection or even remotely decent speed and get someone better.

3. short1uk

short1uk Minimodder

What he said!

Have you tried fiddling with the MTU settings. We ended up like yourself and went to Sky in the end then Virgin but fiddling with the MTU settings seem to work.

4. Mighty Yoshimi

Mighty Yoshimi Motormouth

Thanks for the replies So i lowered the MTU within the router from 1,492 to 1,300 and it suddenly started working again, however that only lasted 5 hours then it stopped working again. I then put it back to 1,492 and it started working again?

I'm so confused!

5. DevilsShooter

DevilsShooter What's a Dremel?

can you post stats of your router plz.