1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Origin sucks!

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Paulg1971, 6 Aug 2013.

1. Paulg1971

Paulg1971 Minimodder

I have just got hold of mass effect 3 and bad company 2 in origin and when I try to install them I get a VC++ runtime error, looking at the forums on EA it seems that a lot of other people are having this problem or something similar. I download load bad comp 2 through origin but have mass effect 3 on disc, can I play it through steam or do I have to use origin. Also does anyone have any ideas about the C++ runtime malarkey. I have windows 8 running which I suspect be part of the problem.
    :wallbash:

2. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

I have both those games installed on my windows 8 machine, and they work just fine, it sounds like you have some missing bits from visual basic runtime.

3. Paulg1971

Paulg1971 Minimodder

How do I go about fixing this, as I have uninstalled the 2008 runtime and put it back on to no effect, do I need to later versions and it seems limited to origin as steam runs fine and installs games no problem

4. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

which error is it?

5. Paulg1971

Paulg1971 Minimodder

Full message on every game I try to install is 'vc++ runtime redistributable package was not successfully installed.setup canot continue(1603)

6. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

whilst I realise this relates to bf3 on origin, might be worth a try

also have you tried running origin as Admin

7. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

This doesn't surprise me in the slightest. It took me 12 months to get BF2142 working correctly on EA Download Manager, and even then it took 2 hours and 3 different patches to install properly. I recently thought about reinstalling 2142 for some nostalgic gameplay, then I remembered what a PITA it is and didn't bother. EA are pathetic when it comes to DLC :rolleyes: