1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Osmos (Demo) - Anyone played it?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by badders, 18 Mar 2009.

1. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

Has anyone else played this? It's available on Steam, though from the Developer's website, the full version isn't available/finished yet.

You start off as a "mote" in a sea of other motes. you can absorb smaller motes which makes you grow. Larger motes are coloured red, and will absorb you if you bump into them.

You move my squirting mass in the opposite direction to which you want to go, though don't squirt too much, as you'll get too small to absorb the mote you were heading towards!

The visuals are gorgeous, beautifully rendered and serene, the music also fits fantastically well with the game.
    I've just played the few levels in the demo, and now feel completely relaxed.

If you haven't seen it, get it. Get it now.

Last edited: 19 Mar 2009
  2. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Sounds a bit like Flow on the PS3.

3. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

It is a bit, (I dug the Flash version of Flow out last night) but it's ever so much more relaxing.

4. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I heard about this on the Idle Thumbs podcast, but haven't gotten around to playing it.

5. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

Its brilliant, played it about a month ago, I just hope the full release can keep bringing new ideas in.
    The level where you orbit that big cell is magical though, I actually gasped

6. books

books New Member

Thanks for telling people. I would miss games like this if it wasnt for kind people sharing the info. I had never even heard about World of Goo until I saw people talking about it on a forum.

7. wgy

wgy New Member

just played through the demo, nice game, relaxing.

8. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Perhaps we need an Indy games thread. Where we can post stuff like Fl0w, Dyson, Osmos etc.