1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows Outcasts on bbc

Discussion in 'General' started by srgtherasta, 1 Mar 2011.

1. srgtherasta

srgtherasta Minimodder

Any one else watching this? I'm really enjoying it tho i get the feeling its going to get canned at the end of the first series. It's been moved to a late night sunday slot.
    It's not got the big budget of something like bsg but the story is pretty interesting. I'll be sad to see it go.

2. morkfromork

morkfromork Minimodder

I started to watch it. Watched the first 4 episodes then decided that i was not that good. I just felt it was a bit slow and not enough happening. Maybe should have given it longer but maybe not.

3. Omega Point

Omega Point Minimodder

I'm watching it, I wouldn't call it amazing viewing but it's better than most of stuff on at the moment. I think it's one of those shows where the overall pace is slow and it just didn't seem to attract the viewers. Maybe it would work better on BBC 2 or 3 as they have smaller audience shares anyway.

The writer doesn't seem too happy about it being moved: link.

4. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

I'm watching - It's very slow, and the President is an anoying 'Captain Expostition' character.

I'll see it out to the end, but I can't see it being picked up for another series. After all, it been banished to the Sunday night graveyard slot.

The problem it has is that for every interesting idea in it, it's matched by several esxceptionally dumb ones:

1) Why are they holed up in one city that is supposedly heavily fortified, yet never seem to have someone on guard duty at the gate? People seem to wander in and out of Fort Haven willy nilly

2) Why does everyone walk? Do they not have any vehicals? They've been on Carpathia for over a decade, and built a city. With what?

3) Does PAS only consist of Stella, Cas and Fleur? It seems like it. And why is Stella, a Scientist, the Chief Policeman?

5. theevilelephant

theevilelephant Minimodder

4) Why are they all so unlikeable?

I tried the first episode and part of the second, but I couldn't take the utter dross. I will probably finished watching the season at some point, in the desperate hope that we will one day get some decent new sci-fi.

6. srgtherasta

srgtherasta Minimodder

I agree with all of the above posts, yes its a slow burner but if this little bit of sci fi on the bbc goes down in flames the chances of getting anything remotely sc fi ish that's new on the bbc again will be slim. It'll be back to the usual made for the masses drivel. I don't think most peoples attention span can cope with watching a series just to find out what's going on. The one story, one episode crap seems to pretty much rule the bbc shows that are on.

7. Salty Wagyu

Salty Wagyu moo

The british can't do sci-fi, they should just stop trying.

8. DMU_Matt

DMU_Matt mmmm cheesy

How dare you. Red Dwarf....that is all ;)

9. Mik3yB @ CCL

Mik3yB @ CCL Everything is not going to be OK

...And Dr Who.

I agree with the point about vehicles! If there's no oil, they at least have electricity, where's all the Prius(es?) ?

10. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Watched the first two episodes today, they were okay. Something to watch when bored tbh.

And +1 to the question about the lack of vehicles! They have all this shiny technology yet they can't manufacture a decent motor.

11. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

I just had to laugh though, when Stella and her daughter were sitting the the two alcove seats separated, near the memories machine thing. There was a fire extinguisher! The last of the human race, stranded on a planet they know next to nothing about, every kg on the ship counts, and they have a fire extinguisher?!? They also seem to have attractive, not functional buildings. Food? I saw no animals, few edible plants and yet they have survived for more than 10 years?

12. omicron

omicron Baud.

It's really not a good show.
    After 6 episodes there's still no cohesive storyline; they just keep piling 'odd'/'bizarre' events one on top of the other.

There are so many logical inconsistencies, too. It's just frustrating to watch.