1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling OverclockedPC.co.uk

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by EVILfreak, 19 Mar 2003.

1. EVILfreak

EVILfreak What's a Dremel?

Anyone know if OverclockedPC.co.uk is still trading?
    Ordered some watercooling stuff of them almost 4 weeks ago and still have not had it, all paid for on the day i placed the order.
    Sent them 10 emails in the last few weeks, but only had a reply to the first two.
    1st one saying "parts out of stock, in soon", 2nd ane saying "in stock, order will be sent for next-day delivery". That was 3 weeks ago, and still nothing.
    Been phoning the number on the web site for the last 3 weeks but nobody is answering (let it ring for over an hour a few days ago). And they have not replyed to any of my emails for the last 3weeks (1 of them was an email saying "just reply to this email to show me your still trading") but nothing.
    Anyone placed an order from them in the last week or so and had it?
    I just want to know if it's just me.
    Thanks.

2. adwhitworth

adwhitworth What's a Dremel?

The webpage is dead now!
    Have they charged your card? If so, I think they are not allowed to till they have dispatched the goods. If you are worried and they have charged you, contact your card company as they will investigate to find out what is going on :)

3. Moo

Moo What's a Dremel?

Welcome to the board Evilfreak, sorry to read your first post is a tale of woe.
    adwhitworth is right, if your bill was for more than £50, your card company should insure you against this sort of thing. Even if it's under, get in touch with them soon to see if you have been charged or to stop any debits.
    Hope this works out one way or annother

4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I know they've not been replacing stock on the website... and they haven't responded to my latest enquiry e-mail either. Looks like either they are re-organising, or more likely, that they bit the dust (oh, me of little faith). I hope you didn't order a lot, or if you did, that it's insured... :(

5. EVILfreak

Only a manifold to split the feed to 3 block (£12). Not to much, but a hassle to re-do my system without it.:lol:
    Thanks for the help, it may yet turn up :eyebrow:

Got the rest of my stuff from chill-tek.com, cool guys there and nice stuff :rock:

Q: anyone know how to fix a leak in a rad?
    A self tapper went too deep and put a small hole in it...........oops! :waah: :wallbash:

Last edited: 20 Mar 2003
  6. [GiB] Spawny

[GiB] Spawny Xqpack Lovin

I'll ask a couple of hardware sites I have personal contacts with and see if they know what the word on the street is.

As for the rad leek, take it to the professional rad repairers. They will leak test and gaurantee the fix also. There should be one in the yellow pages.

7. iggy

iggy Minimodder

from jess at ch forum

8. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Meanwhile I e-mailed them as well and got the folloing reply:

Hi,

no we have not gone out of business/bankrupt.
    I have had to take time away from the store unexpectedly.

Today is the first day I have been back able to work, so I appologise for the delay in reply.

..Jess
    Overclockedpc

So it looks like everything with the shop is cool. :clap: Quite a relief really; they sell some great waterblocks.

For that matter, I hope Jess is OK too.

9. iggy

iggy Minimodder

i dunno, but i assume its fairly serious, as jess aint the kind of guy to leave folk standing like that, and he hasnt spoken much about it to any of the Ch crew.

id be grateful if everyone could spread the message to folk they know who have ordered, as itll make things easier for everyone :)

10. EVILfreak

I got an email from jess saying my order will be sent tomorrow. I was not posting to bad-mouth him or OverclockedPC.co.uk, just to ask if anyone had problems with orders. He seems to have things sorted, just needs some time. I wish him luck and good fortune.:clap:

11. Haddy

Haddy World Domination

Jess and I may have our differences but Id never wish him any physical harm *ok nothing that hed die from*...Tellem i hope he gets better Iggy...

12. EVILfreak

Well, it's tuesday, and my stuff still is not here (jess said he whould send it for a sat delivery). :sigh:
    Sent more emails, with no reply :grr:
    Guess he was just bulls**ting.

Not happy :miffed:

13. Detritus

Detritus What's a Dremel?

Hmmm

OCPC seem to be the only ppl that sell manifolds. I've been trying to source one for a good couple of months now but can't find a decent 1/2" BST manifold for love nor money. Keep us updated on how you fare. I may have to resort to buying from OCPC, assuming they get some manifolds back in stock.

14. EVILfreak

Still nothing on the manafold (it's a 3/8 not 1/2), and no replys to my emails. Getting my bank to get my money back.

15. Detritus

Detritus What's a Dremel?

Shame

Thanks for replying Evil...

16. Jack

Jack Minimodder

Just noticed this thread????

Im in the same boat mate No delivery of goods that were sent apparently in January??:eyebrow:

Jess has said that they were sent and he'd contacted royal mail but as of yet 4months nothing problem was i payed via nochex so no return on money

17. Jack

Jack Minimodder

I think im your new friend :D

18. samcat

samcat What's a Dremel?

Just been to www.overclockedpc.co.uk.... Doesnt look good peeps!:
    The store has closed as temporary measure due to problems beyond my control.
    I apologize for the delay and the inconvenience this may cause to my customers.
    All customers with outstanding orders will be contacted shortly with regards to their order status.

Kind Regards

A.Jessop (Jess).

:(

Sam C

19. jetsetjimbo

jetsetjimbo Up-up and away

The page seems to be totally dead now.....

20. jimmy the fish

jimmy the fish What's a Dremel?

Jess seems to have disappeared totally :worried:

Tags: