1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Overclockers UK unveils game themed PCs

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 23 Feb 2016.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Staff Administrator

2. mi1ez

mi1ez Active Member

That Dark Zone picture immediately brought to mind HL

3. graphitone

graphitone Member

HL3 confirmed...

:|

4. alf-

alf- Member

"game themed"

More accurately, Lighting/colour that vaguely correspond to a game.

As gimmicks go, this is poor.

5. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Staff

Is it though? To me, the best kind of gimmicks are ones that can still be appreciated after the novelty has worn off. For instance, that Titan Dark Zone one shares colours with the Division, but what if you get sick/bored of the game or it flat out disappoints? Well, you've still got a decent looking rig that isn't too exclusively tied to the game.

I have a friend who asked if I could build him a Guildwars 2 PC as everybody was getting massively hyped up for the title. Turns out, upon release he thought it was crap. Whilst I didn't end up building that one for him, if I had it wouldn't have been a total loss as I tried to keep the very game specific details to a minimum, instead sticking to colour palettes and shapes.

Guest-16 likes this.
  6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

:thumb:

7. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Why do they use different brands of fans for the CPU an the case when they are so close together? At this budget they should have hiked the price by a tenner and match the fans.

I really like this concept. Who cares about the games, just choose a color scheme you like.

8. alf-

alf- Member

If you happen to like the look of any of them and assuming they are reasonably priced ( i haven't checked), sure go for it.
    I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the actual machines, they seem rather tasteful which is unusual for most things "gaming" themed.

but the whole game themed is very much a gimmick to me, without being specifically told, i doubt many would even associate any of these machines to their respective game.
    Only game any of them remind me of it is Half life.

But again if you like what you see, what the hell go for it, there's plenty of things i like that are gimmicky.

9. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

... cheeky. It's still only two years warranty with the one year labour cover included in the two year collect and return warranty.

10. FaeLLe

FaeLLe New Member

Well technically under EU law they have to offer 5 years of warranty for this electrical item.

Tags: Add Tags