1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overclocking comp *Results Announced!*

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Highland3r, 16 Mar 2006.

1. tank_rider

tank_rider What's a Dremel?

531/261 nets me 10224, so a 10MHz increase on the mem and core should theoretically get me an additional 1000 marks.

2. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

Yup thats about bang on the money.

3. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

Just been having a bit of a play, see what the card can do with some "proper" cooling. The IHS on the core works a treat, makes contact MUCH easier to get right. Also gives a little flexibility with alignment which is nice, since the core itself as you all know is teeny!

Before
    [​IMG]

During
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]

4. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

:D love the shot of it up and running. with a empty bottle of vodka in shot :p

5. Goreblast

Goreblast What's a Dremel?

Any of my fellow air coolers notice a drop off in scores after passing a certain point like i did?

6. tank_rider

yeah, im struggling to get anything over about 10300 once i hit 265 on the mem, think i need to get some proper ram cooling on rather than just standard zalman sinks. Also anything over 530 on the core and mine doesn't usually make it through 3dm01. Might be power related though so have borrowed a slightly better quality QTec PSU off a mate to try.

7. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

First post updated with new results. Those entrants shown in red have dropped out.

If you can up the 12v rail that might well help out clocks wise. What sort of voltage are you giving the card btw?

8. c.u.later

c.u.later What's a Dremel?

here's my resusts (a bit late I know :blush: ):

Specs:
    Athlon 700MHz
    768MB pc133 SDRAM
    300w Server PSU
    And the 9600se obviously (although AGP 4x, a problem?)

Aquamark:
    [​IMG]

2001se compare: linky
    [​IMG]

2003 compare: linky
    [​IMG]

as i said, a bit late, so a big thanks to highland3r for helping me get up and running

c.u.later

9. Goreblast

Anyone esle got any overclocked results?

10. MR BUNGLE

MR BUNGLE Shoddymodder

Hmmm had lots of fun last night trying to mount the cooling on my card...
    Think I'm there, finally... Left the epoxy on the Ramsinks to dry overnight...
    Will get (rubbish) pics up tonight.
    Fingers crossed that it still works - I'm concerned I may have chipped a corner on the core, and that the Swiftech mcx370 isnt making proper contact with it's tinyness.

11. Goreblast

Less than 48 hours until competition ends by my reckoning.

12. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Im still behind on the cooling front.....damn..looks like i may have to give my results in on sunday as im out on saturday.

13. tank_rider

i'd be interested to see how much more you could get out of one of these by phase cooling the mem, not the core. I would have thought you'd get a better oc doing that as the mem seems to be the main limiting factor.

I'm just waiting for the epoxy on my new ramsinks to dry before giving it one final last push

14. Goreblast

Good luck tank_rider.

10pm GMT tonight and the competition is over! Should get very busy round here later.

15. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

Indeed, not long to go now guys! Gonna get some runs done later today :D

16. Goreblast

Being the only one who has posted their results I am dying to know how i did in comparison to others.

17. tank_rider

Well it appears that im going to be seriously difficult to beat your results goreblast, i've got one last thing to tweak but my setup seems to have a complete inability to break past about 10500 in 01, ive had the mem up to 270 with only a tiny amount of artifacting, but i can't take it any higher. I think the limiting factor is the power reg circuitary, as i get a high pitched cap squeal when i try to take things any higher. My last throw is going to be increasing the AGP voltage to see if that helps at all, but apart from that i think i'm maxed, and just need to get the screenies done.

18. Goreblast

It was a very odd experience. I got my best scores after only a modest increase in voltage and going to highest speed on both GPU and memory that didnt artifact in AM3. The 3dmark01 run was start to finish in one go. Tried changing the order and re-doing car low which is the most variable one and whilst I got close I couldnt beat my best score.

Once I put more voltage in I got more artifacts at the same speeds, especially on the memory and scores dropped in all benchies. Even putting everything back to normal and I couldnt redo my scores. Lucky I guess.

19. tank_rider

OC Results for me

3DM01

Stock: 7298
    OC: 10375
    % 42.2
    compare
    [​IMG]

3DM03

Stock: 1968
    OC: 2977
    %: 51.3
    [​IMG]

AM3
    Stock: 2007
    OC: 3171
    %: 58.0
    [​IMG]

Not quite as good as i was hoping for and not quite up to gore's lever, but not bad none the less. May give it another whirl in a couple of days (too late for here) but meh, that one would be for pride :)

20. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

Entries for myself, REALLY dissapointed with the results, not had enough time to play this week tho as works been hell.
    3dmark 2001

ORB Compare

[​IMG]

3dMark 2003

ORB compare

[​IMG]

AM3

[​IMG]

===================================================

I've got results from Persivore sat on my PC at the moment too, and confirmation of more on the way from Johnny Bravo.

Please note, the phase group has been extended until 10pm on Monday. I was informed during the first week of benchies that Boardy and Thickbrit would be unable to get results due to a leak in one of their units (I have PM's to back this up if anyone wants to see). Since there are no other results (bar my own) submitted in the category I don't believe they have an unfair advantage.

Also note Other categories (air and water) now close at MIDNIGHT any results posted or emailed to me after then will not be included in the final results.